Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan booking...newbie!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Aeroplan booking...newbie!

UA Platinum, though not sure how much/if any that helps. Looking to make a somewhat last second booking EWR-YVR. When I check online I clearly see the mileage and flight options, but they are all listed under "economy/premium economy". The direct from EWR is on a 787-9, and I'd really like to book into premium cabin. Is this possible to do? There's no indication on the booking page of how to do this, or whether it's even possible to upgrade it into the premium economy cabin....
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by gold23
UA Platinum, though not sure how much/if any that helps. Looking to make a somewhat last second booking EWR-YVR. When I check online I clearly see the mileage and flight options, but they are all listed under "economy/premium economy". The direct from EWR is on a 787-9, and I'd really like to book into premium cabin. Is this possible to do? There's no indication on the booking page of how to do this, or whether it's even possible to upgrade it into the premium economy cabin....

"economy/premium economy" is the default

Put your mouse over it and toggle to get Business/First

Attached Images  
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gold23
When you enter your information into the Aeroplan search engine, there is a drop down box with two options:

1) economy / premium economy
2) business / First

AC currently sells the premium economy seats on the 789 EWR-YVR as preferred seats, so you can redeem for an economy award and then pay a fee to select a seat in the PE cabin (certain AC elite members can select those seats for free).
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
When you enter your information into the Aeroplan search engine, there is a drop down box with two options:

1) economy / premium economy
2) business / First

AC currently sells the premium economy seats on the 789 EWR-YVR as preferred seats, so you can redeem for an economy award and then pay a fee to select a seat in the PE cabin (certain AC elite members can select those seats for free).
Thanks. Any idea if I can book using UA miles and then pay the fee to select a PE seat? Or will booking UA (even if I'm *A gold) just throw me into economy with no seat option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.