Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

TD Visa Infinite - how to use for the trans-border Maple Leafs Lounge at YYZ (T1)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TD Visa Infinite - how to use for the trans-border Maple Leafs Lounge at YYZ (T1)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico

What are the exact steps to follow to be allowed to use the MLL at T1 in YYZ for my upcoming reward flight to Las Vegas using my TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite card?
Do I just show the TD card at the door and I am allowed to get in?
Do I need to "reserve" somehow in advance for a certain date/time?
Do I need to call Aeroplan or TD Visa in advance to let them know I am going to use the lounge?
What if I need to get in with a companion (my wife), do I get access for her as well?

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
You just show up with your boarding pass and your card. They'll swipe the card, and you'd be allowed in. It's supposed to be for the primary cardholder only.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K, Marriott Gold,
Just bring the TD card with you and that should be sufficient. I would also bring proof of award redemption (Aeroplan printout) just in case anything goes wrong but it should be fine I would think

Air Canada site indicates that eligible passengers can purchase additional guest passes for those in their party for $25 - https://beta.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco...f-lounges.html
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Is this lounge in the sterile area?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ticu
As in, after security? Yes. Turn right after you go through US CBP and there's an elevator. MLL is on the 4th floor. There are signs.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Yes. But don't expect anything fancy: it's the least impressive of the three MLLs at YYZ.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Does this also work with the RBC Avion Visa Infinite ?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Does this also work with the RBC Avion Visa Infinite ?
no, only CIBC/TD/AMEX cards with AE logo.
(though for transborder, the PPL can be better...)
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yscleo
You just show up with your boarding pass and your card. They'll swipe the card, and you'd be allowed in. It's supposed to be for the primary cardholder only.
I couldn't resist not checking it out (I'm back from my trip now) and giving myself a tour of the lounge and what can I say - total disappointment (that was before 8:00 am last Wednesday). Especially if you need to pay (for your companion). They told me the entry for my wife would be $35 (because it was before 11 am and would be $50 after 11:00 am). Of course if you have free admission it's worth it but not for the pretty hefty fee they charge.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I couldn't resist not checking it out (I'm back from my trip now) and giving myself a tour of the lounge and what can I say - total disappointment (that was before 8:00 am last Wednesday). Especially if you need to pay (for your companion). They told me the entry for my wife would be $35 (because it was before 11 am and would be $50 after 11:00 am). Of course if you have free admission it's worth it but not for the pretty hefty fee they charge.
Hm, that doesn't sound correct. Unless something has recently changed, it should be $15 before 11a.m. and $25 after 11a.m.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Hm, that doesn't sound correct. Unless something has recently changed, it should be $15 before 11a.m. and $25 after 11a.m.
It is $35 for a companion if using the TD one-time pass. That's what I was charged a few months ago and I have seen it in writing somewhere (although I can't find it now). The $15 is for companions of those with regular access.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Low Roller
It is $35 for a companion if using the TD one-time pass. That's what I was charged a few months ago and I have seen it in writing somewhere (although I can't find it now). The $15 is for companions of those with regular access.
Thanks for the info! I only seem to recall an "eligible passengers" wording, but always assumed that included anyone who had access to the MLL regardless of entry method.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Not worth the fee. The Altitude restrictions on access to the MLL as of 2017 are a blessing in disguise.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Not worth the fee. The Altitude restrictions on access to the MLL as of 2017 are a blessing in disguise.
It was worth it when we had a 3-hour flight delay, but I wouldn't pay it for a quick visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.