Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Luggage: "Your staff are appalling representatives of your company"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage: "Your staff are appalling representatives of your company"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanRulez
You know all the expensive stuff...all the expensive brands....you better pay up AC!!

What else did you lose InTheAirGuy? Let me guess, it was a Tumi toiletry bag that alone cost $400.

Its easy to make fun of others especially since its not your stuff that was lost!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Hey ITAG! Did you get your luggage back yet? Hmm? Hmm?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Its easy to make fun of others especially since its not your stuff that was lost!
You mean meta-making-fun!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marlin240
Look, these AC threads disintegrate enough into name-calling as it is. Please don't associate AC and other airline execs with clowns, a far more respectable profession.
At first I thought you were joking, then I thought you were serious, then I though you were joking, then I thought you serious,

But I'm sure you're just joking.

Last edited by yyznomad; Sep 11, 2016 at 7:12 am
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:46 am

Out of curiosity, why would you put contact lenses in checked luggage?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
To increase your financial claim.

Sorry, but the FB post just reeks of exaggeration.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Sadly, the writer's description of AC staff is an appalling accurate representation of the entire company. The miserable culture starts at the most senior levels of management and festers from there on down.

Sorry but THAT post just reeks of AC apologist entitlement.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:10 am

Maybe, but I'm sorry, I wouldn't do something that stupid. Contact lenses are critical. I'd be keeping them in a quick grab bag with my medication in the carry-on (yeah, I know we're not supposed to take anything with us in case of an evacuation, but if the medication is life supporting such as insulin and we're gonna be somewhere remote....)

I have no doubt that AC could have mis-placed (them or the airport) their luggage, it happens. And that they could have encountered a long string of "miserable, dis-interested drones with no chance of promotion" (my words, not theirs), but trying to exaggerate their claims only serves me to challenge their claim and their credibility...
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Symmetre
I don't agree. Cynical maybe, but not of an apologist. There is nothing wrong with agreeing with AC when it's warranted. Remember... right now we only have the complainer's side of the story. As much as some people want to fault AC for everything, most of the time, it's not 100% their fault.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by yyznomad
At first I thought you were joking, then I thought you were serious, then I though you were joking, then I thought you serious,

You have to ask? Seriously?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:17 am

I have no doubt that AC could have mis-placed (them or the airport) their luggage, it happens.
Can you explain why billions of dollars are charged for security for the air travel yet you are satisfied that the luggage is not tracked and that is OK.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Originally Posted by Marlin240
You have to ask? Seriously?
Just kidding he knew it was a joke, just kidding no he didn't, just kidding yes he did, just kidding.

Whoosh...
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It could be a spare set?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Symmetre
Sadly, the writer's description of AC staff is an appalling accurate representation of the entire company. The miserable culture starts at the most senior levels of management and festers from there on down.

^^^
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by Binflyin
Just kidding he knew it was a joke, just kidding no he didn't, just kidding yes he did, just kidding.

Whoosh...
You have to whoosh? Seriously? I'll add the emoticon this time...or maybe I won't (cursor down several pages to find out).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.