Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada 360 degree / panorama cabin views

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada 360 degree / panorama cabin views

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by thatdamnmelliniumbug
Video cameras already exist in lounges for security to monitor passengers. If it was not permitted, many people on YouTube would be charged for taking videos of lounges.
I'm not sure how you can draw a parallel between a lounge and an airplane cabin, and where the video monitoring you cite is performed by the operator and the video is not publicly shared vs. an individual taking high resolution pictures and making them publicly available.

Oh wait, I think I do know you're making parallel - I suspect alchohol is involved.

Please stop making something out of nothing, although this post does not surprise me.
I never make anything out of nothing, I did contact Air Canada about this, and it is against the tariffs and I have asked for the specific tarrif. I'll post the info here when I receive it.

Maybe you should do a little more background checking before you go off making statements similar to the one above.

Although, like you, your statement above doesn't surprise me superangrype... err.... missap... err.... Well, we all get the picture......

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Another misapplication of logic, though this does not surprise me.
Heh! I don't think anyone here is surprised. Pretty transparent.

Security footage is not distributed anywhere, whereas this is.

There are areas of airports and airplanes where photography is not permitted at all.

It's also possible that recording employees without consent might be considered harassment, which the employer would have a responsibility to stop, by any means necessary (like banning you from flying).
+1. Exactly!! ^

Last edited by jaysona; Sep 9, 2016 at 9:49 pm Reason: fix quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by jaysona
Heh! I don't think anyone here is surprised. Pretty transparent.
No point getting super angry about it.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by YOWgary
No point getting super angry about it.
ROTFLMFAO!!

I don't get super angry, I just super laugh at the idiocy!! .
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I appreciate the effort made to capture and post these nice photos but I don't think it's entirely kosher to include people's clearly identifiable faces inside the aircraft cabin. It's not an entirely private place but neither is it an entirely public one. I wouldn't post an identifiable pic of a fellow passenger except with their consent.

Part of the issue is that people that might have objected if you walked up and took a photo of them don't necessarily realize the 360 degree camera is photographing them.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by eigenvector
I appreciate the effort made to capture and post these nice photos but I don't think it's entirely kosher to include people's clearly identifiable faces inside the aircraft cabin. It's not an entirely private place but neither is it an entirely public one. I wouldn't post an identifiable pic of a fellow passenger except with their consent.

Part of the issue is that people that might have objected if you walked up and took a photo of them don't necessarily realize the 360 degree camera is photographing them.
+1 couldn't have said it better myself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.