Wiki Posts
Search

Aegean business questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
I understand you want to get what you paid for, but A3 intra-Europe J is no prize. No extra legroom and mediocre food, even if they do block the middle seat.
I agree with you completely. European business class is usually a bit of a let down. It was just unexpected for me to purchase J and be seated in Y, but I leaned something new which is always good.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
From what I can see, I don't think for the FRA-SKG segment you are going to get anything beyond Y. It seems AC codeshare is only entitled to "Y" for that segment as the highest economy booking class code. This is not a glitch, it could be due to codeshare agreements between AC & A3. The AC site even specifies "AC6078: Business Class is not available or not offered. You will be seated in Economy Class." Good luck.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 24, 2016 at 7:11 am
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:58 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Thanks again Jasper. I agree. I may keep an eye on the Air Canada website as I get closer to departure. If they start selling P fares for that segment that I will call in and rock the boat a little
You need Z class on Aegean. They don't have P
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABG
You need Z class on Aegean. They don't have P
To be clear (I think), I need AC to offer P class on the code share which maps to Z fare on Aegean. Right now, lowest fare for that flight is D.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:15 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
To be clear (I think), I need AC to offer P class on the code share which maps to Z fare on Aegean. Right now, lowest fare for that flight is D.
No... you need Z class on Aegean. If you book the codeshare you'll never get it, unless you wish to pay more than you are suppose to.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately, AC will not issue a P class code for that codeshare. Another option is if you have not booked already to book that segment on its own. We travel with Aegean and usually the intra European fares on A3 are not that bad.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Unfortunately, AC will not issue a P class code for that codeshare. Another option is if you have not booked already to book that segment on its own. We travel with Aegean and usually the intra European fares on A3 are not that bad.
You mean the codeshare on that specific route. Is that correct?

Air Canada has placed me in P fare on the Aegean codeshare from ATH-LHR. I'm assuming this is because they can find Z fare on that segment
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You mean the codeshare on that specific route. Is that correct?

Air Canada has placed me in P fare on the Aegean codeshare from ATH-LHR. I'm assuming this is because they can find Z fare on that segment
Interesting, did not know AC had a codeshare on that segment ATH-LHR. What is the codeshare flight number? The Athens-LHR is not codeshare, its on A3 metal with an A3 number and that is possible to get you a P fare. Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by djjaguar64; Aug 25, 2016 at 10:51 am
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Interesting, did not know AC had a codeshare on that segment ATH-LHR. What is the codeshare flight number?
Sure, I can give the flight numbers ....

17th Oct
AC872 YYZ - FRA (P)
AC6078 FRA - SKG (Y)

30th Oct
AC6033 ATH - LHR (P)
AC865 LHR - YUL (P)
AC8977 YUL - YOW (Y)

AC6078 show the "Business class is not available or offered on flight AC6078, you will be seated with the commoners" message

Since AC6078 is in Y, I presume I do not get lounge access in FRA either since I have no status
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure, I can give the flight numbers ....

17th Oct
AC872 YYZ - FRA (P)
AC6078 FRA - SKG (Y)

30th Oct
AC6033 ATH - LHR (P)
AC865 LHR - YUL (P)
AC8977 YUL - YOW (Y)

AC6078 show the "Business class is not available or offered on flight AC6078, you will be seated with the commoners" message

Since AC6078 is in Y, I presume I do not get lounge access in FRA either since I have no status

Dr Torch, thats great AC6033 is Aegean indeed but then again P is economy on Aegean. Have a great trip.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Dr Torch, thats great AC6033 is Aegean indeed but then again P is economy on Aegean. Have a great trip.
P, when booked under an AC codeshare, should be business class, no?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes, this is my assumption. Especially as there is no message for that flight when I book telling me it is not in business.

I think what I should do now is call Aegean and ask to choose seats, or call AC and get the reference number for Aegean, that way I can confirm the second segment is in J.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not sure though. So how does mapping rules apply in case of codeshares. Does an AC P translate to A3 J, C, D or Z?

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...rlines/#AEGEAN
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Not sure though. So how does mapping rules apply in case of codeshares. Does an AC P translate to A3 J, C, D or Z?

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...rlines/#AEGEAN
I would assume Z, but I don't know.

The problem seems to be more when you book an A3 flight number, and it's coded in P. You think it's J. The AC agents think it's J. But A3 doesn't. Because A3 P is not J.

But AC P is J, and as such, you should be seated in J.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:10 pm
ABG

I already posted it is Z
OP your flight is C6 D2 Z0 right now on 25 August at 2100hrs eastern
So I doubt Z was there when you purchased your ticket but since you dealt with ac.com there is no way to know

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.