Wiki Posts
Search

Help email contact for aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
Help email contact for aeroplan

can someone please give an email address where I can reach someone anyone at aeroplan who can help with an Aeroplan issue

thank you
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What makes you think they want to hear from you. Repeat after me, we are not customers but mere suckers.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Here's one that I used in 2013 - not sure if it is still valid but you could give it a try:

[email protected]

They did reply but, despite the name, weren't actually very helpful
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
What about the "contact us" option on the website? I did that and got a reply fairly quickly.

Last edited by Bartolo; Aug 10, 2016 at 8:17 am
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE, *A Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Email is the slowest way to solve your problem.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Shanqx
Email is the slowest way to solve your problem.
It may be the slowest, but some people prefer written communication over phone calls, if it's not an urgent matter. I think companies should always make both options readily available.
joseneto likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Bartolo
What about the "contact us" option on thevwebsite? I did that and got a reply fairly quickly.
That is probably the best option, but the form to actually submit a question online is pretty well hidden. It says: "Please note that any questions related to your Aeroplan Rewards cannot be handled via email." The form link is at the bottom of the FAQ/Help page: https://www4.aeroplan.com/faqhelp (I'd give you the link to the actual form but you have to log in to do so and it displays your e-mail).
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by Low Roller
That is probably the best option, but the form to actually submit a question online is pretty well hidden. It says: "Please note that any questions related to your Aeroplan Rewards cannot be handled via email." The form link is at the bottom of the FAQ/Help page: https://www4.aeroplan.com/faqhelp (I'd give you the link to the actual form but you have to log in to do so and it displays your e-mail).
Agree the form is buried. I got there because the telephone agent said my issue could only be handled via the form. Also agree that a paper trail is often critical, especially because lots of things have time limits (ie, requesting mileage credit). Good luck.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Agree the form is buried. I got there because the telephone agent said my issue could only be handled via the form. Also agree that a paper trail is often critical, especially because lots of things have time limits (ie, requesting mileage credit). Good luck.
This is correct. I called AE and they asked me to email as it was 'complicated'. So after signing in, got to FAQs found the link and emailed. They promise a response in 5 working days but I got a response in less than 24 hrs.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
This is correct. I called AE and they asked me to email as it was 'complicated'. So after signing in, got to FAQs found the link and emailed. They promise a response in 5 working days but I got a response in less than 24 hrs.
Good but did you get it resolved?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Good but did you get it resolved?
No. This is Air Canada.

First complaint is via phone. - client told to email
Second complaint is via email - client timed out typed an email
Third complaint is via email - client sends an email (IGNORED)
Fourth complaint is via email - client sends an email (IGNORED)
Fifth complaint is via email - client sends an email (see step three)

On rare occasions where so many emails are sent by the same passenger AC has to respond so they can go back to surfing the net, those are hit with a boilerplate template explaining
- apologize for the passengers inconvenience. Remember this is not AC's fault, the passenger was simply inconvenienced.
- assure passenger it will be fine next time, thrown in made up stats
- tell pax that AC "looks forward to servicing them in the future"

Thats all
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: QF, AC
Can someone help me find the elusive form? I have scoured the faqhelp page without finding it.

I'm particularly disadvantaged in this because:
1. I reside in Australia.
2. I'm trying to respond to an email telling me "your Aeroplan account has an outstanding monetary balance" and that it may therefore be closed!
3. The email account that sent the message is, of course, a [DO NOT REPLY] address.
4. The phone number provided in the message was a North American 1-800 number; the alternative suggested was "the number on the back of your AEROPLAN card" but that number if "not in service."
5. I did get through on a direct dial international number and learned that "the current wait time is 67 minutes."
6. I can only learn what the outstanding amount is by phoning them and can only rectify it by using my credit card on the phone.
7. I have checked my receipts and credit card statements covering the period of my August travel in Canada and all appears to be in order.
8. Is there any alternative to spending a fortune on an international phone call for the privilege if hearing bad muzak and hearing that "my call is important to someone who isn't answering"?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Prof Henry
Can someone help me find the elusive form? I have scoured the faqhelp page without finding it.

I'm particularly disadvantaged in this because:
1. I reside in Australia.
2. I'm trying to respond to an email telling me "your Aeroplan account has an outstanding monetary balance" and that it may therefore be closed!
3. The email account that sent the message is, of course, a [DO NOT REPLY] address.
4. The phone number provided in the message was a North American 1-800 number; the alternative suggested was "the number on the back of your AEROPLAN card" but that number if "not in service."
5. I did get through on a direct dial international number and learned that "the current wait time is 67 minutes."
6. I can only learn what the outstanding amount is by phoning them and can only rectify it by using my credit card on the phone.
7. I have checked my receipts and credit card statements covering the period of my August travel in Canada and all appears to be in order.
8. Is there any alternative to spending a fortune on an international phone call for the privilege if hearing bad muzak and hearing that "my call is important to someone who isn't answering"?

Welcome to FT

What was the number listed on the back of your Aeroplan card?

Aeroplan closed their international call centres a while back as per this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l-centres.html

As for calls, others here can likely suggest using the internet to make calls or even a pre-paid calling card or other long-distance service.

The more important question is:

Do you actually have an outstanding monetary balance?

I ask because a relative received a similar email and I called Aeroplan. I had a great agent at one end, the relative at the other end and we found out what the balance was for.

Also, exactly which form are you looking for?

This is the Aeroplan FAQ/HELP page

https://www4.aeroplan.com/faqhelp?icid=SUB_M_FAQ_EN

These are the items listed under Additional Assistance

https://www4.aeroplan.com/faqhelp?icid=SUB_M_FAQ_EN

- Browser and OS Support
- Connection Problems
- Is there a way for a Contact Centre Agent to call me?
- Problems Opening Links
- What to do in case of suspicious email or phishing?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Prof Henry
It looks like they have removed that contact form as part of their recent website redesign. You could try leaving a brief note on their Facebook page stating that you are concerned about a suspicious e-mail and can't use the toll-free number because of your location. If you ask, someone might contact you.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
The same happened to me although I wasn't out of the country so the 800 number worked. After waiting 1.5 hours to speak to an agent (call back was not offered yet I had keyed in my aeroplan number) to correct an error Aeroplan made (not charging my credit card the reinstatement fee) the issue was resolved and my account remains active. I suggested in cases like this they allow us to respond to the original email or give us a dedicated number to call.
The email I got from Mauro Dire said to call the 800 number or the number on my card, 514-395-0300. That number is active.
I agree the muzak is terrible...lol Good luck!

Last edited by Northern Canuck; Nov 10, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.