Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Under Catering of late - trend?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
Then those 9 pax don't really have a choice. That's a problem for J pax, and it will eliminate the ancillary revenue opportunity in Y.

Plus: Why is there no pre-order for Y? I'd use that right away.
They could start with pre orders in j of an enlarged menu and that would make a lot of us in here happy for probably no supplementary cost.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by WestAust
They could start with pre orders in j of an enlarged menu and that would make a lot of us in here happy for probably no supplementary cost.
+1; and maybe happy J passengers....
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Table cloths have been missing on my last two TATLs. Might just be my bad luck...

But, they always have plenty of scotch scotch scotch, presumably in Y too. =) Have yet to experience that being forgotten.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Table cloths have been missing on my last two TATLs. Might just be my bad luck...

But, they always have plenty of scotch scotch scotch, presumably in Y too. =) Have yet to experience that being forgotten.
Perhaps they knew you were going to be folding cranes in exchange for the bottomless peaty ether, that they thought that part of the service was redundant
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by kwflyer
Perhaps they knew you were going to be folding cranes in exchange for the bottomless peaty ether, that they thought that part of the service was redundant
Well, I was wondering if table cloths had been completely eliminated... 2 flights in a row is quite unusual for a random error.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well, I was wondering if table cloths had been completely eliminated... 2 flights in a row is quite unusual for a random error.
Was it an immediate turn, double catered out of YYZ?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: U1K
Originally Posted by gcashin
Yeah, it seems to be an issue that often comes up where some FA's don't seem to want to sell the hot meal trays. Some FA's are great, but some just don't seem to want to sell them.

I recall one conversation I had on a transcon flight along the lines of this:
Me: do you have any hot meal trays available?
FA: No, this is a breakfast flight; we don't sell them on breakfast flights
Me: But the menu has a breakfast option
FA: Business Class is full so there won't be any available
Me: Don't you typically overcater or have meal turndowns? Isn't it possible that there may be some available?
FA: I guess, I'll check
comes back with both omelet and Pancakes available

I believe I'd read recently that crew meals were being discontinued for domestic flights and FA's were being provided a meal allowance instead. I'm thinking that likely won't help the issue now that they won't have their own crew meals provided.

FA's have not had a on board meal in North America in a long time. It's the pilots that recently got it changed to "no boarded meals". International is different as the flight times are too long and Health and Safety will demand it. That said if a pilot were to state on a N/A flight "I need food as I feel I have low blood sugar" then they would have to give it to them and not charge as now you have a safety issue. Pilot deal is a slippery slope.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Reading threads like this makes me realize I'm glad I don't fly AC that much anymore.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Was it an immediate turn, double catered out of YYZ?
Actually, no... otherwise I would have not worried... But I would appreciate it if someone would confirm they got table cloths in the last week?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by RCyyz
Reading threads like this makes me realize I'm glad I don't fly AC that much anymore.
It's like everyone is a quasi-lawyer. AC is the only airline I feel I need to record everything in case stupid dumdum crap happens. AA, UA, DL no such need. I say it was dumdum, they throw money/fixes at me. Never had to lawyer my way to a solution.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
It's like everyone is a quasi-lawyer. AC is the only airline I feel I need to record everything in case stupid dumdum crap happens. AA, UA, DL no such need. I say it was dumdum, they throw money/fixes at me. Never had to lawyer my way to a solution.
AC is run by a lawyer, no?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I've noticed and also heard from others that the onboard catering has gone to the dumps.

Btw, as of this month, it's Luvo products that are catered.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I was on a flight recently with 6 people in J, and only 2 hot meals.

The SD offered to sell us BOB food.
Did the SD try to offer first dibs to SEs on board, even if there was more than two SEs?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did the SD try to offer first dibs to SEs on board, even if there was more than two SEs?
Yes, she offered first choice to J.

But it was still an offer to PURCHASE food in J.

Too many employees assume that ML*1 means "oh you requested a cheapening upgrade at the last minute".

Whereas, it can actually mean "I was booked on a full Y fare, but due to IRROPS, was rebooked on another flight, put on the upgrade list, and I actually paid more than anyone else in the cabin."

Or rather, that would be the case, if the GAs didn't come on and say "the meals are for 2DF".
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, she offered first choice to J.

But it was still an offer to PURCHASE food in J.

Too many employees assume that ML*1 means "oh you requested a cheapening upgrade at the last minute".

Whereas, it can actually mean "I was booked on a full Y fare, but due to IRROPS, was rebooked on another flight, put on the upgrade list, and I actually paid more than anyone else in the cabin."

Or rather, that would be the case, if the GAs didn't come on and say "the meals are for 2DF".
This is where ACs policies is part of the garbage list.
They don't cater enough hot J meals (say, there are paid J cabin pax on board) and yet ask you to pay if you want a hot meal once they run out... At least offer a little goodwill by offering a hot BOB item in this case. Sheesh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.