Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can bp's for past flights still be printed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can bp's for past flights still be printed?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Can boarding passes for past flights still be printed?

I misplaced a few boarding passes from my recent trip.

Questions: Can boarding passes of past (already taken) flight segments still be printed? If yes, how far back can check-in/gate agents go?

Since I'm fairly confident I'll end up in the top 30 for this year's EYW, I wanted to keep my collection of bp's to remind myself and to justify to my gf, the stupidity (err...craziness?), I went through to provide the "future" trip of a lifetime for her

TIA.

Last edited by CanRulez; Jul 8, 2016 at 7:30 am
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:32 am

Once the flight departs you cannot print boarding passes anymore unless you have it as a PDF in an email.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
Once the flight departs you cannot print boarding passes anymore unless you have it as a PDF in an email or something.
Thanks. Oh well...
Old Jul 8, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
When I check in online, I always print to pdf on my computer as well as print to printer (if I have a printer) or print at airport (if I don't). Then when I submit expenses, I just upload the pdf from the computer. They don't care about the highlighter over the gate or the circle around the departure time or the sticker with the checked bag claim on it.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ace Cdn
Once the flight departs you cannot print boarding passes anymore unless you have it as a PDF in an email.
This isn't accurate. I have landed in a city, gone to the MLL, and had them print a boarding pass for the flight I just arrived on. So, a post flight BP can be printed. I do not know how long afterwards.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG2MM
This isn't accurate. I have landed in a city, gone to the MLL, and had them print a boarding pass for the flight I just arrived on. So, a post flight BP can be printed. I do not know how long afterwards.
Awesome. As soon as I read your post, I went to the lounge agent and she printed my missing pass from yesterday.

I asked if it was possible and her response was...."it depends on how far back."

.....so there you go Cow, if an agent writes on your bp in the future, just ask a lounge agent for another copy.^
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I think Cow's concern is that the reprint has some marking that shows it is a reprint and that was somehow not acceptable to him.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I think Cow's concern is that the reprint has some marking that shows it is a reprint and that was somehow not acceptable to him.
I just tested it. A new printer number and a "*" is added.

Last edited by CanRulez; Jul 11, 2016 at 10:50 am Reason: Printer number, not sequence number
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
I've had this done too.. but it was immediately after the flight upon stopping at the MLL desk and asking for it. I think after a few days it drops off the system, then you're getting screenshot JPGs off some arcane 3270 terminal. Then they call it "historical" or something...

To be fair, this misunderstanding might be my fault. In another thread I made mention that there is an asterisk printed after the terminal ID if the BP is a reprint (without PNR change). I think I pointed this out to Cow on one of the EYWs but he didn't care about it. Noticing something doesn't mean caring about it. =)
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Awesome. As soon as I read your post, I went to the lounge agent and she printed my missing pass from yesterday.

I asked if it was possible and her response was...."it depends on how far back."

.....so there you go Cow, if an agent writes on your bp in the future, just ask a lounge agent for another copy.^
I already do that. No one writes on a BP for past flights.

No.

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
To be fair, this misunderstanding might be my fault. In another thread I made mention that there is an asterisk printed after the terminal ID if the BP is a reprint (without PNR change). I think I pointed this out to Cow on one of the EYWs but he didn't care about it. Noticing something doesn't mean caring about it. =)
This.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.