Wiki Posts
Search

Where do I check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Where do I check-in?

Hey,

Tomorrow, I'll be taking an AC flight from YYZ-LAX, then a United flight from LAX-HNL. On the ticket, the AC flight has the UA logo and is a codeshare, but do I check-in with UA or AC?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by WestonFli
Hey,

Tomorrow, I'll be taking an AC flight from YYZ-LAX, then a United flight from LAX-HNL. On the ticket, the AC flight has the UA logo and is a codeshare, but do I check-in with UA or AC?
Just to make sure, can you please provide the flight numbers?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Just to make sure, can you please provide the flight numbers?
YYZ-LAX - AC789 (Don't have United's number for this)
LAX-HNL - UA1431
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YYZ-LAX - AC789 (Don't have United's number for this)
LAX-HNL - UA1431
Thanks.

That's an Air Canada flight number (as you insinuated by the "flight"), so you will check in with Air Canada at YYZ or online. You will be issued the Air Canada boarding pass for YYZ LAX as well as the boarding pass for the LAX HNL flight on UA. Your LAX HNL boarding pass will be printed using the Air Canada format with United information on it, so don't be alarmed about that.

(I tried to explain this as least technical as I could... Hope that helps)

Added: btw, many here fly the YYZ LAX route as regulars so they will be able to give you even more insight/information about your flight aside from who to check in with.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Added: btw, many here fly the YYZ LAX route as regulars so they will be able to give you even more insight/information about your flight aside from who to check in with.
Like what airport it goes to?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Like what airport it goes to?
LOL

No, like other helpful tidbits of information/added value to the OPs trip... not necessarily about his/her specific question. OP sounds like s/he is new to this.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

LOL

No, like other helpful tidbits of information/added value to the OPs trip... not necessarily about his/her specific question. OP sounds like s/he is new to this.
Yeah, I've never done a flight before with online check-in and connections through different airlines in a long time.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Hey,

AC should issue both boarding passes when you check in. Bags will be checked right thru. Believe you will change terminals at LAX and redo security. But, a long time since I've flown UA from LAX to the islands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.