Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Business Class and Economy Class Interaction QUESTION

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class and Economy Class Interaction QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by DoctorDoug
+1

I was at a BBQ tonight and 2 of my friends who are flight attendants were there. I posed the OP's question to them. They both agreed that the OP is welcome to go fro J to Y to 'interact' with his girlfriend but she cannot go up to J. They also agreed that switching seats mid-flight is not allowed.

People pay big bucks to be in Business Class, they want the space and peace. You can't have Economy passengers coming up for 'interaction'. That just dilutes the product.

Interesting.

So, I'm in 2A. Mr. 3A is "hosting" his 2 teenage girls back and forth, where were the FAs?
When teenage girls cleaned out J snack basket (with Daddy's approval), where were the FAs?

If J is exclusive - for all the reasons stated above - then there has to be consistency across the board.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DoctorDoug
That just dilutes the product.
Cheapens the product. Rimes with "bottom feeders."
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
Interesting.

So, I'm in 2A. Mr. 3A is "hosting" his 2 teenage girls back and forth, where were the FAs?
When teenage girls cleaned out J snack basket (with Daddy's approval), where were the FAs?

If J is exclusive - for all the reasons stated above - then there has to be consistency across the board.
Did you alert any crew?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did you alert any crew?
Yup. Shrug was the response.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Dude, you know that the SD was obligated to do something about it but just didn't follow through on that obligation.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Interesting.

Any form of cheapening the J product by anyone in 3A is simply unacceptable.

I am not happy with the way that person represented 3A. I wish you had brought that to my attention so near immediate corrective actions could have been taken.

I expect any individual seated in 3A to adhere to the strictest of standards and courtesy.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jaysona

I am not happy with the way that person represented 3A. I wish you had brought that to my attention so near immediate corrective actions could have been taken.

I expect any individual seated in 3A to adhere to the strictest of standards and courtesy.
Ah, so I guess I'll change seat reservations then

This is an interesting discussion because I'm generally unbothered by people speaking discretely amongst themselves, regardless of whether they're all seated in J or if only a portion is. But cow's latest post regarding being "disturbed" is totally valid. I guess I just haven't had rotten luck yet...
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaysona

ROTFLMAO.

I apologize. I forgot to tell 3A he was in your seat. Shame on me.

And to cheapen my experience, those teenagers took my Kit Kats. And the Miss Vickies
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Personally speaking, I would probably find a Y pax discretely changing seat with a J pax less bothersome than a group of pax playing beer pond throughout the flight.

Speaking loudly with friends in J throughout the flight is most likely more bothersome than a daughter taking a minute or two to speak with her father.

We think AC is cheap for not giving us a cup of noodles from Y in J, but a friend in J giving his friend a miss Vickie's is blasphemy.

I think we might just be a tad bit inconsistent ourselves. If maintaining the integrity of J would really be our main concern, than I can think of quite a few things me and other FTers have done that could've been considered way worse. And yet we are happy to say we've done it, or think it's OK we shoukdv gotten away with it.

Then again, maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Personally speaking, I would probably find a Y pax discretely changing seat with a J pax less bothersome than a group of pax playing beer pong throughout the flight.

We think AC is cheap for not giving us a cup of noodles from Y in J, but a friend in J giving his friend a miss Vickie's is blasphemy.

I think we might just be a tad bit inconsistent ourselves. If maintaining the integrity of J would really be our main concern, than I can think of quite a few things me and other FTers have done that could've been considered way worse. And yet we are happy to say we've done it, or think it's OK we shoukdv gotten away with it.

Then again, maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man.

Uh oh, busted. And it was warm champagne.

Attached Images  
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: *$ Green
mmmmmm warm champagne.

Only the best for AC Int'l J pax!
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
mmmmmm warm champagne.

Only the best for AC Int'l J pax!

LOL. Yup

Also, The thread title is Business and Economy pax interacting, changing seats, meeting up in mid-galley etc lol. Have we address the issue of Business and Business Pax?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I don't see how it is an issue to switch seats mid flights, esp when its done quietly and discreetly
Srsly guys?

Hosting Y pax in J class is another thing though.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I don't see how it is an issue to switch seats mid flights, esp when its done quietly and discreetly
Because what you think is "quiet and discrete" may not be nearly as quiet and discrete as others would like.

And AC probably doesn't like it, because two people are getting the "important" part of the J product (lie-flat seat for sleep), but they're being paid for only one J fare.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Because what you think is "quiet and discrete" may not be nearly as quiet and discrete as others would like.

And AC probably doesn't like it, because two people are getting the "important" part of the J product (lie-flat seat for sleep), but they're being paid for only one J fare.
Might atleast understand the second part
BUT..I dont think being "quiet and discrete" while change the seat is going to be any louder than some J Pax going to the washroom, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.