Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why does YYT not have priority security for S100K and Elite members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G

I was there a few days ago, and there were literally 100+ people in the line. I asked the agent if they had priority security line for Super Elite, and she literally said "What's Super Elite?" I just gave up and joined the masses.

YYT has a MLL, concierges, priority checkin, and priority boarding. However, I am wondering why they don't have priority security for those passengers that have AC status?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
I was there a few days ago, and there were literally 100+ people in the line. I asked the agent if they had priority security line for Super Elite, and she literally said "What's Super Elite?" I just gave up and joined the masses.

YYT has a MLL, concierges, priority checkin, and priority boarding. However, I am wondering why they don't have priority security for those passengers that have AC status?

Apologies, but this calls for a new T-shirt: "What's Super Elite?"
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I cannot answer that question, but I believe they have NEXUS, right?

That usually cuts you to the front of the line.

I've had concierges pull me along shouting "COME ON SIR, YOU'RE GOING TO MISS YOUR FLIGHT", when I had 2 hours. I didn't ask for it. But they sure know what to say to make people not hate you as you cut in front of them
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

A strange omission indeed.

Do they happen to have Nexus?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:45 pm

YQR doesn't have it either....and they used to. I am not sure when it disappeared, but we used to be able to get right into the left lane, which was also for Nexus. Nowadays we are herded with the regular cattle. Not usually a biggie, but last week it was a pain.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
A strange omission indeed.

Do they happen to have Nexus?
Yes! But not all SE/E members have Nexus
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm still waiting for a line that requires both SE and NEXUS.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:53 pm

I don't have Nexus....and never will. Such a pain in the .... My wife and her entire family have it, and they always look at me funny when I go get into the Prioroty lane, or if there isn't one, the (dreaded) regular lane.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts
I don't have Nexus....and never will...
Why won't you get it? Any particular reason?
It just takes a few weeks (assuming the applicant doesn't have a criminal record) and is only $50
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by hsandhar
Why won't you get it? Any particular reason?
It just takes a few weeks (assuming the applicant doesn't have a criminal record) and is only $50
Let's just say I won't qualify.
flyingcrooked likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts
Let's just say I won't qualify.
Fair enough.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by hsandhar
Fair enough.
Lol. Thank you.

A small matter that hasn't ever affected my life, but that affects my Nexus application status.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE

YQB also does not have a priority security line but has a Nexus "entrance", which as canadiancow mentioned cuts you to the front of the regular line. Holding a Nexus card does indeed make a big difference with all the charter flights during the winter season
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Apologies, but this calls for a new T-shirt: "What's Super Elite?"
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA ohman if I ever fly with cow again, I swear I gotta get a custom shirt with and play the role of the foil
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
YYT doesn't have the room for a priority security line at present but likely will do when the redeveloped and expanded terminal opens. I'm a member of the PaEx focus panel for the airport authority so let me ask the question.

YYT is really busy at specific times: 5-6.30am being the worst. I do most of my flying in the evening on 822 to LHR & security is breeze even without a priority line then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.