Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latitude and Upgrade Space

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by AskTravis
I just booked a Latitude Pass flight from YYZ-LHR in March, and the flight currently shows J9 C9 D9 Z9 P8 R0 (everything else 9's), but my Latitude upgrade did not go through right away (waitlisted).

Based on what is written here, it should have gone through, or do I need R space available as well?
I called the SE line and noted there was space in Z yet my upgrade wouldn't clear and they cleared it for me on the spot. I am also on a FP LAT so sounds like your in the same place.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I just booked a Latitude Pass flight from YYZ-LHR in March, and the flight currently shows J9 C9 D9 Z9 P8 R0 (everything else 9's), but my Latitude upgrade did not go through right away (waitlisted).

Based on what is written here, it should have gone through, or do I need R space available as well?
To answer my own question - P space for Latitude on International flight (as posted above). I called in, first agent told me it was always R (wrong), I HUCA and a super helpful agent called Central Booking and is now pushing the upgrade through. Said it is the 3rd one today that didn't go automatically when it should have. Good times.

Lesson: Know the rules, and use EF of something like this to check your fare classes.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. P should be enough. Phone them.When looking on aircanada.com, then "display options" then "eupgrades" etc. and selecting a fare, it is supposed to show if upgrades are available. However that seems not to be working anymore?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by Stranger
When looking on aircanada.com, then "display options" then "eupgrades" etc. and selecting a fare, it is supposed to show if upgrades are available. However that seems not to be working anymore?
It was very reliably working for Transborder in December as I was making use of it in conjunction with EF. A few searches seems to suggest it is broken.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:52 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
It's been hit and miss for 2 years
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:57 pm
RZR

As a note, it also works in reverse , the Bad AC i.t system.

Sometimes the blue square does show up and then when you book and go to upgrade, it says not available.

In this case I take screenshot of screen with blue square and call in. I tell them they need to honor the blue square. They do. I've had 2 instances of this personally in 9 months.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RZR
As a note, it also works in reverse , the Bad AC i.t system.

Sometimes the blue square does show up and then when you book and go to upgrade, it says not available.

In this case I take screenshot of screen with blue square and call in. I tell them they need to honor the blue square. They do. I've had 2 instances of this personally in 9 months.
Do they honour the blue square if it was 1 and then it became 0 in the timeframe prior to you actually doing the eupgrade?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now aircanada.com seems to work and show "seats available for upgrade" again.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:18 am
RZR

Originally Posted by yyznomad

Do they honour the blue square if it was 1 and then it became 0 in the timeframe prior to you actually doing the eupgrade?
The scenario I am describing is when blue square is present and EF shows zero
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RZR
The scenario I am describing is when blue square is present and EF shows zero
Interesting. Exploit before they hire Deloitte!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC SE
to confirm for over the atlantic you need p space for upgrade anytime correct? (lhr-yyc) P9 on my dates if i book latitude i can confirm immediately?

NM i finally found the page on ac.com took me awhile.

Last edited by 300rwhp; Apr 9, 2019 at 1:42 pm Reason: found answer
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
to confirm for over the atlantic you need p space for upgrade anytime correct? (lhr-yyc) P9 on my dates if i book latitude i can confirm immediately?
You need P or R.

If the eUp site doesn't process it automatically, you will have to call in, and be prepared to have to educate the agent.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.