Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else keep their old Altitude baggage tags?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone else keep their old Altitude baggage tags?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
But why? Since you don't fly that much or are low rev for the airline, maybe they should sell you the tags. Say the 2 tags cost $20 to $25 everything in, will you buy them?
I was more joking about it hence the . But I didn't have so many Air Canada Elite tags lying around the house, and on my bags, I probably would buy a set just to have if they were at a reasonable price.

As well I'm sure I'm not a high rev customer for the airline but I definitely spend more than the minimum for E50K. I know some elites who've gotten E35/50 for way less than I've spent for P25K.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just added some photos of older tags on my earlier page 4 main post. AC and CP programs.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: E50K, *Gold, WS Gold,VIA Premier, VIPorter
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just added some photos of older tags on my earlier page 4 main post. AC and CP programs.
Very impressive collection! It's also interesting to note that enRoute has played a major role with AC (pre in-flight magazine/entertainment)
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Wow, such nostalgia! Thank you for sharing SH!

I think I have a CP Gold luggage tag somewhere in my home (mom was CP gold once). I once made it to CP silver status ... too bad I was too young and threw things out. At best, I miiiiiight still have a paper lounge coupon for the now-nonexistent Empress Club
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K, *G
If it dates back to the 1970s it could be an enRoute Club member's tag. That was AC's by-invitation version of the current Maple Leaf Club. Members were referred by local sales managers. Provided lounge access and other priority services similar to what's provided with elite tiers. (CP's version was the Kanata Club.) It was phased out with the introduction of Aeroplan and the elite tiers in the late 1980s. CP's first tags for its Empress Club program were nice bronze metal ones (top below). The enRoute Club tag was a very thick plastic.

Attachment 4373

I have all my tags and cards since the elite tier program started, even Prestige when that tier received a luggage tag. Only use the current year ones on my bags though I've seen some travelers with a bunch of years tags dangling from their carry-ons...lots of "expired" ones on others. Below are some of the various designs for the elite tags over the years (haven't included the recent years) and also designs of the CP cards which didn't change each year. (The blue card was was Intair's Bonis program. Intair became CP's regional carrier in Quebec/central-eastern Canada.)

Attachment 4375Attachment 4376
Thanks for sharing this fantastic collection! ^
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by PilotTobe
Very impressive collection! It's also interesting to note that enRoute has played a major role with AC (pre in-flight magazine/entertainment)
EnRoute originated as AC's by-invitation CIP recognition program but was soon adopted as the name of its credit card. Originally TCA and then AC used the CNR's passenger services credit card, but when VIA Rail was created and took over passenger operations from CN and CP Rail, AC started its own credit card, a basic red enRoute card, and the brown/gold one that was part of the CIP program. AC sold its credit card operation to Diners Club (actually CitiBank Canada) shortly after privatization and it was ultimately phased out, with customers moved to the standard Diners card...now morphed into a version of BMO's MasterCard portfolio after that bank purchased the Canadian Diners franchise. Not sure what year enRoute was adopted for the inflight magazine. The enRoute Club was phased out shortly after the introduction of Aeroplan elite tiers as the top tier (then just Elite at 35K EQMs) included most of the benefits like lounge access. AC then introduced its for-purchase Maple Leaf Club for those wishing to purchase annual lounge access.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
I'm not sure what a luggage tag is but....

I have kept a few of my SE cards, they'll most likely get tossed the next time I have to move.

I really liked the style of the card for the 2011 year. ^
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by jaysona
I have kept a few of my SE cards, they'll most likely get tossed the next time I have to move.

I really liked the style of the card for the 2011 year. ^
So purdy +__+

I'm curious, open question to anyone who hasn't blocked me on FT if you were to rank the appeal of the SE cards, how would you rank them?

For me, it would prolly be

2012 (bottom-left) > 2013 (top-right) > 2016 (bottom-right) > 2014/2015 (mid) > 2010/2011 (top-left)

btw, congrats on 1MM jaysona :P
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Saw this coming off 739 last night.

Old SE tag on top of current E50K (I think?) tag.

And something in the middle.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by maradori
So purdy +__+

I'm curious, open question to anyone who hasn't blocked me on FT if you were to rank the appeal of the SE cards, how would you rank them?
I guess everyone blocked you...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I do. Have all mine since 2008.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:17 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Saw this coming off 739 last night.

Old SE tag on top of current E50K (I think?) tag.

And something in the middle.

This , makes me laugh
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by RZR
This , makes me laugh
Yes, a mystery sandwich.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Yes, I am waiting to have 20 years worth so i can put them all on one ring and have it on my carry on so I can look like those cool guys who want everyone to know they are special frequent flyers
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by RZR
This , makes me laugh
What makes me laugh is that CC actually took a picture of it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.