Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Fast track to Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Status (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track to Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Status (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
SE100k with 7 nights in 2016, dropped to Premier.

This is not necessarily incorrect because their promotion in March 2016 gave SEs with 3 nights in 2017 an upgrade to Platinum, but I did not think it was Platinum until February 2018, I thought it was Platinum until February 2017. So I fully expected to be downgraded today.

The key issue is whether they will renew the SE promotion or not in March 2017. If so, and if we have 3 nights in 2017 (assuming they keep the promotion at 3 nights), then we'll go back to Platinum.

I have 3 nights booked March 7-10 so my expectation was that if they renew the promotion, then I am not Platinum for only 10 days. Small gap.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:31 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For those of you who dropped down below Platinum, is it possible that Fairmont programmed this as requiring 3 stays rather than 3 nights?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
For those of you who dropped down below Platinum, is it possible that Fairmont programmed this as requiring 3 stays rather than 3 nights?
5 stays 6 nights for me.

And the 5 stays got me Premier.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
5 stays 6 nights for me.

And the 5 stays got me Premier.
Okay, so that rules out my possible explanation...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I believe the March 1 turnover at Fairmont has its own set of hiccups.

A few days ago, I spoke with Fairmont re updating a reservation and I asked the question about when the the stay/night requirements will be posted.

I know that when the March 1 rollover happens (eventually) on the Altitude site, we should see the new partner info for 2017 as per the image I posted of the paper that was inside the SE package.

Looking at the Altitude partner page for Fairmont, it said 3 nights for SEs for 2016. Also, IIRC, Amex Plat is 5.

Last year, the email went out to choose your select benefit on March 11. The agent said it will be similar this year and she had no idea what the changes would be (or whether they would be impacted by the Accor purchase).

I had more nights that required by any of the partnerships, so my status is now based on that.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 24left
Sure, but then why are only some people losing Platinum status and others not having the same problem?

Maybe their IT is done by the same people who do AC/AE...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Sure, but then why are only some people losing Platinum status and others not having the same problem?

Maybe their IT is done by the same people who do AC/AE...
More mysteries of the universe.

I'll assume we will all find out when those who sent emails or called Fairmont get a reply they are willing to post and/or the Fairmont partner info for 2017 is posted on Altitude.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
I think I had this problem last year - made the threshold but didn't get the status. I phoned in and they fixed it right away.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allbrosca
I think I had this problem last year - made the threshold but didn't get the status. I phoned in and they fixed it right away.
Good to hear. I've almost always found Fairmont's customer service to be quite good.

Hopefully cow, MG et all will have a similarly good experience this year.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Just got my 2017 welcome email and option to pick 2 more benefits. I picked the $100 dining/spa certificate and the authentically local dining options.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I dropped to premier, despite having the SE code on my profile (I think?) Does anyone actually still have the SE code? I'm going to call in to see if they'll bump me up...
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Just a few posts upthread, I wrote:

Originally Posted by 24left

A few days ago, I spoke with Fairmont re updating a reservation and I asked the question about when the the stay/night requirements will be posted.

I know that when the March 1 rollover happens (eventually) on the Altitude site, we should see the new partner info for 2017 as per the image I posted of the paper that was inside the SE package.

Looking at the Altitude partner page for Fairmont, it said 3 nights for SEs for 2016. Also, IIRC, Amex Plat is 5......

The Partner page on Altitude is still showing the error message a few of us posted int the other thread and the Priority phone number page is also still showing the numbers that are supposed to expire yesterday.

I assume the point of the AC SE code is so Fairmont can identify those who are SEs. The problem is, the delay by AC and Fairmont in posting the partner page only delays other things.

The challenge for them is, other than asking for copies of SE cards or statements etc, they have no way of knowing who Altitude members are.

The partnership with Amex is easier since Amex is the one who notifies Fairmont.

@Nitehawk
I would assume if you called them, they could update your profile for 2017.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Good to hear. I've almost always found Fairmont's customer service to be quite good.

Hopefully cow, MG et all will have a similarly good experience this year.
All good. Had to call again today, but agent upgraded me right away.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I'm not 100% sure if I put the code on my profile or not, and now I can't access the code. I have a nice email telling me about it from March 14th but no actual code. Would be nice if someone still knows the 2016 code so I can be sure when I call in.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the code. Thanks for the help!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I'm not 100% sure if I put the code on my profile or not, and now I can't access the code. I have a nice email telling me about it from March 14th but no actual code. Would be nice if someone still knows the 2016 code so I can be sure when I call in.
Just sent you the info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.