Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Airbus A220 (ex CSeries) Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

Airbus A220 (ex CSeries) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2023, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The A220 engines have required major maintenance at significantly shorter intervals than had been forecasted by P&W. P&W had not set up sufficient maintenance capacity to handle these maintenance requirements, so there are a lot of A220s around the world that are flyable but waiting for engine maintenance. Here's a story from Airways about it.
Maybe that's why I've seen several week-before swaps from A220s to A320s over the last few weeks. Followed by mechanical delays for the A320s on the day of the flight, suggesting that they are running that fleet too hard.

I'm glad I don't work at AC Scheduling right now.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Maybe that's why I've seen several week-before swaps from A220s to A320s over the last few weeks. Followed by mechanical delays for the A320s on the day of the flight, suggesting that they are running that fleet too hard.

I'm glad I don't work at AC Scheduling right now.
Many of the 220's are covering the shortfall of aircraft and staff for ACExpress these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.