Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Same day "travelling companion" upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day "travelling companion" upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: AC SE
Two questions that seem relevant to this thread:

First, if I'm flying YYZ - YUL - PVG (which I'm doing Sunday), could I upgrade someone in Montreal who is flying only YUL - PVG? Or do they need to be on the identical itinerary as me?

Second, if I wanted to find some random person to upgrade in that way (or at least to add to the upgrade list) would this forum be a good place to do so?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I have successfully added two colleagues to the J list for 756 tomorrow.

As PY is checked in 17/21, and they're currently 1 and 2, I'm feeling pretty confident.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Just successfully did a day of travel "companion on a separate ticket upgrade" at LGA.

SE checkin desk agents pushed back saying it was not possible if they were on separate tickets or if they were not the one named companion slot. She had us walk over to the concierge's office. Susan got it done very quickly with the proper eup and copay charged.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:18 am

Will a travel companion upgrade applied at the airport get waitlisted even if there is R space?

Just requested for a colleague and there’s lots of R space but he’s waitlisted.

Thanks
Old May 27, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by monkai
Will a travel companion upgrade applied at the airport get waitlisted even if there is R space?

Just requested for a colleague and there’s lots of R space but he’s waitlisted.

Thanks
yes, added to departure control onload list, but not confirmed until after flight closes. R inventory is irrelevant for this situation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.