Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

1st Aeroplan Reward Ticket Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K

Hi,

I booked a flight on Asiana and ANA airline through Aeroplan. I got a confirmation code that works on AC website, but not on the Asiana or ANA website. If I want to get their equivalent ticket# and confirmation code, do I call Aeroplan or AC?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Call Aeroplan.

Unfortunately AC IT is a decade behind other airlines who display award tickets with PNRs of all involved airlines.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Thanks,

I was eventually able to select my seat on ANA through their website. Asiana was a no go, it wanted me to register an account, which I did, but when I log in, there's no way to search by reference/e-ticket. I ended calling Aeroplan and they couldn't figure it out as well. They recommended calling Asiana instead.

Unlike calling AC, there wasn't any wait time calling Aeroplan and the agents were pleasant to talk to.

Asiana's English website can get a bit....."Engrish" sometimes so it's bit hard to navigate.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Unfortunately AC IT is a decade behind other airlines who display award tickets with PNRs of all involved airlines.
I haven't tried other partners but the United website will even recognize SQ PNRs if you want to look up by confirmation code.

Cheers
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I always call each individual airline for my reward to get reservation numbers and/or assign seats, and ensure that the reservation is OK. Always near zero wait time, instead of calling aeroplan.

For my upcoming trip, PNR for SQ = OZ = NH . On a previous trip, OZ = BR

Never had to register for Asiana. There is a "Reservation Inquiry for Guests" option. I can select seat, for OZ only. The passenger name has to be same as e-ticket with the middle initial and MR/MRS/MS at the end, if applicable.

If I go to SQ site (mobile only), I can select seat for both SQ and OZ. NH not possible due to it being a domestic code share.

Last edited by beep88; Jan 18, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by beep88
Never had to register for Asiana. There is a "Reservation Inquiry for Guests" option. I can select seat, for OZ only. The passenger name has to be same as e-ticket with the middle initial and MR/MRS/MS at the end, if applicable.
Thank you! This is very helpful! ^
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beep88
I always call each individual airline for my reward to get reservation numbers and/or assign seats, and ensure that the reservation is OK. Always near zero wait time, instead of calling aeroplan.

For my upcoming trip, PNR for SQ = OZ = NH . On a previous trip, OZ = BR

If I go to SQ site (mobile only), I can select seat for both SQ and OZ. NH not possible due to it being a domestic code share.
I ended up add MR to the end of my first name and got it working! Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I ended up adding MR to the end of my first name and got it working! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.