Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is there a limit to how late you can get SE past EoY?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 1MM/SE 100K, MR Lifetime Premiere Plat, Hyatt Globalist

So as per the "DXB mess" thread, nothing has posted. AC has no record of us every having taken that flight. I was at 125K already, so while an extra 15K is nice, I care more about my wife, which is going to hit 100.02K once those flights post.

I contacted Marc (SE@AC) and surprisingly, it seems that not even mileage issues like these are within his control anymore (now I really wonder what his handcuffs allow him to do at all?!). The "credit department" hasn't gotten back to me in weeks, who knows when they will.

So my question is, is there some point at which AC will stop sweeping and basically when those flights post, the IT systems will never pick up on that 100K/SE switch, and/or they won't be able to send her a new package, and/or some-other-IT fail? Has anyone gotten SE status really, really late? Like in February of the next year or something?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
They can always do it manually.

I'd just keep pushing, as you have a very legitimate case here.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:41 pm
Original Member

Seems to me someone had a "legitimate" issue last year, and it counted for nothing.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Few people are left to push to when the SE desk is useless & Bens are no longer around...
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I agree that the customer service agent for Aeroplan does not have the authority, like the good old days, to help with missing AQS/AQM (Aeroplan miles) credit.

I would do 2 things:

I would request the missing credit via the Aeroplan web site:

https://www3.aeroplan.com/log_in.do?...Bookings.title

and click on the "request mileage credit" in the lower left hand part of the page

I would also email AC/Altitude through the AC web site the situation:

https://help-aircanada.com/aircanada...ue.do?lang=ENU

Theoretically one does not become a new SE until the new benefit year starts - ie March 1, 2016. Practically, if one has become a new SE by Dec 31 of the previous year, then the system will show SE status by Jan 1 of the next year - ie one would have 14 months of SE status, not 12 months. So I would proceed both routes asap - with email to AC/Altitude reprising your statements of your post, as well as requesting mileage credit through Aeroplan.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I agree that the customer service agent for Aeroplan does not have the authority, like the good old days, to help with missing AQS/AQM (Aeroplan miles) credit.

I would do 2 things:

I would request the missing credit via the Aeroplan web site:

https://www3.aeroplan.com/log_in.do?...Bookings.title

I would also email AC/Altitude through the AC web site the situation:

https://help-aircanada.com/aircanada...ue.do?lang=ENU

Theoretically one does not become a new SE until the new benefit year starts - ie March 1, 2016. Practically, if one has become a new SE by Dec 31 of the previous year, then the system will show SE status by Jan 1 of the next year - ie one would have 14 months of SE status, not 12 months. So I would proceed both routes asap - with email to AC/Altitude reprising your statements of your post.
I did request the credit on AE's site as soon as Marc said he couldn't help. But I'll try the web form for customer service.

It would be funny if she ends up getting "SE Early Recognition" for 2016 once this is done. She'd win the early recognition for 2016 thread ;-) And hey, if she gets double e-ups I might just keep flying DXB at the end of the year hoping for 3rd party-issued paper tickets, lol!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:29 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by aionesu
Few people are left to push to when the SE desk is useless & Bens are no longer around...
Ben L went to bat for that person. But even he was frustrated in his attempts to right an obvious wrong.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Ben L went to bat for that person. But even he was frustrated in his attempts to right an obvious wrong.
Heh, I was just responding to a PM on FT and saw an old one from 2013 I forgot to delete... it was an eUPG "advance" so I could have a TATL upgraded to J even before getting the credits. I miss those days.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You have 6-months to claim missing flights and once these are posted status will be adjusted. Of course, this means nothing if AC has "lost" the flights. yoHave you sent a physical copy of you e-ticket and any boarding passes to the Vancouver Aeroplan centre? This is the best way of getting the information in front of them, as it appears your virtual attempts have led to this strange response.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: AC SE MM
I've had to escalate with 5-10 phone calls with AP, almost every second year, regarding some flight which didn't post.

You flew a new route, and it had an IRROP? That seems so typical, my last issue was about a brand new airport. Keep at it. They're going to quote you the "We are taking 45 days to process claims now, and you are on day 6, call back in March" (worst I have heard was 50). Push nicely, say it is for crossing SE. I think around this time of year the agents give that issue a bit more priority, and if they hook up with a superviser who also gives it a bit more priority, it can be overridden manually. When done manually, it shows up as an unidenfied credit, and I get a sense the fuss is about not double-crediting.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:12 pm

I had an issue last year with faulty crediting on segments, IIRC I started sending emails in December and it was early March before they corrected it. Thankfully I had the same status as the year before until the end of Feb, then the 4 flights I had early March were all upgraded. All flights until mid-March only got the lower level bonus miles, but the differential wasn't worth enough to put up a fuss (first quarter had mostly short flights).
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the advice. Yes, we did send in all the physical copies of the receipt, paper ticket, and itinerary/PNR. No further responses after that. I'm just afraid that they won't do anything until March, and then trying to get retro-credit on the flight bonuses will be impossible -- as will be attempting to pre-use the eUpgrade credits that should be hers before they actually post.

I'll try calling AP and asking for a supervisor, thanks.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:17 am
Original Poster

To provide some closure to this thread...

Finally got some help from an SE AC agent, who called the Help Desk, who called the AP Lead Office. I was on hold for 30 minutes (usually a good sign) and they worked it out, and instantly credited the flights for both of us, showing up both in AP and ACA.

Now just waiting for, hopefully, a final "sweep" on January 31st, so her status can update. She already got her 75K package, so it would be hilarious if this ends up as an "early recognition". At best she'll have two 30$ coupons (which we never use).
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Actually no closure to offer. Turns out that the flights got credited, but AC still refused to show 100K/SE. I called again and was given a special @aircanada.ca e-mail I had never seen before which lets you "appeal" decisions. It's ridiculous as I'm not "appealing" anything. This was a mistake on their end. I got a canned e-mail back saying all decisions will be made after March 1st.

I reached out on Twitter, they said they'd "look into it". They got back to me and said that "she missed the qualification period", and that there would be a second qualification period after March 1st.

Are these people retarded? At this point I wonder if I should reach out to Bens after all. I have lots of flights that we need to book together, and if i try to use her eUPG credits it'll ask me for a fee... should I just pay it and then complain to AMEX to have the fee refunded once I can prove she's SE? Pretty much out of ideas here.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I smell class actions soon... Although watch out for this:

https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/terms-conditions

"Air Canada Altitude status is a privilege, which can be revoked by Air Canada at its discretion."

You'll always be Super K-rad in the DC lounge though. =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.