Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ. Is there a desire to meet AC employees for a Do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Event: SAP is trying to organize a Do with some AC corporate employees. Trying is the operative word. At this point, I feel that it's highly likely that an Do will occur, so this thread has been started to look at numbers and availability. Please also post what date-ish works for you. It would appear that so far, late March/April is preferable by members. I'll track dates manually based on posts to keep the Wiki optimized/clean.

[Content of Do]: Meet and Greet with employees. Details are a work in progress.

Basic Rule: Be respectful at all times. Follow FT type rules. If you have an issue with a comment, criticize the comment, not the person.

Note: If it really comes down to it, being that this is a private function hosted by SAP, SAP will ask that rule-breaking person to leave. SAP really doesn't want to do this but if the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, the few will be removed (based on my gut instinct, I don't think this will be an issue)

Please keep thread banter to a minimum, thank you. (I realize Do threads usually have a lot of banter, but a lot of people are interested. So to minimize wasted time for all...)

Instructions: People interested to meet a few members of AC's corporate staffers, please add your name below and update the "Total Current Count". No +1's at this point unless they are FTers please due to demand.

People interested: (Total Current Count: 79)

cooleddie
Maradori
canadiancow
The Lev
YEG2MM
pewpew
yvrgary
Wpgjetse
YEGTigger
Bartolo
Bartolo2
krayZpaving
CanRulez
adam.smith
Antonio8069
CanadianMike
YYCowboy
yyz_atc_qq
martyYOW
islandcub1
YQMYMM
BlondeBomber
fin 645
biglinguist
SAP +1 (another anonymous FTer)
allbrosca
Diabeetus
PlainEnthusiast
Dudestir
yqtyyz
DNAwizard
D582
Argonaut1000
Arcanum
Absolute
Lights_a_blur
WR Cage
PB53x11
durberville
Rally guy
hazcaddy
SearsTower
gabdusch
aionesu
catgirl
travel_geek
woodlandCreature
hydrogen
jeffypop75
SparseFlyer
Wings100
TVR88
nomadic.relief
RCyyz
HometoYYZ
Benner
767300ER
yyzgigi
canopus27
Jasper2009
yul36
pilottobe
24left
mikeyyz
mountaingrl
mountainboy
Far Siren
172pilot
Seat13F_AC_CRJ
vernonc
-------------------------[Edited by SAP. List as of 10:02AM EST January 11] Count up to this point: 71 || Continue below please and leave this line - thanks!
ac777
Shareholder
dyzs
Nitehawk
mromalley
ensco
philelite
sulfur
margarita girl
Print Wikipost

YYZ. Is there a desire to meet AC employees for a Do?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Just close the YYZ domestic MLL for a few hours and do it in there. They already have "appetizers", BEvERages, and plenty of space.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Thanks for your suggestions and offer to volunteer!

I guess I now have to start a business? I'm definitely receiving help. If I tip my hand, that may put me in a tough spot but the #'s and the venue do not appear to me to be an issue at this point.

My suggestion would be, at this point based on the information I have, if people want to sign up, sign up. Leave the rest up to the planning team -credit to the FTers helping me out will take place when appropriate.

If you have it all under control, then why did you ask

....Do I see a volunteer?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
If you have it all under control, then why did you ask
I was referring to the Do in the West that SF was talking about! That and information changes quickly around here. Progress is being made quickly.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just close the YYZ domestic MLL for a few hours and do it in there. They already have "appetizers", BEvERages, and plenty of space.
Yes, because I have the ability to ask a large corporation to close down the MLL, a place where revenue passengers go to.............

[that will never happen]
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I was referring to the Do in the West that SF was talking about!
They should do another one at Stanford. Small, intimate, and best of all, free pizza

Yes, because I have the ability to ask a large corporation to close down the MLL, a place where revenue passengers go to.............

[that will never happen]
Are any of the people on the list not revenue passengers? I'll likely be earning around 2000 AQD on my trip up for this...

Most of the "fart lickers" in the MLL are on passes and using credit cards anyway, right?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Are any of the people on the list not revenue passengers? I'll likely be earning around 2000 AQD on my trip up for this...
Not to worry. I am well aware that many people are flying in for this Mini Do and will do my part in making sure the event is memorable. This is top of mind. Full stop.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:15 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

Most of the "fart lickers" in the MLL are on passes and using credit cards anyway, right?
I don't know, can we get special promo codes from AC for this Do? Otherwise I might have to redeem Aeroplan or fly WS
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
I realize that once a date is set we may lose maybe 10 people?
I would think from organising events and meetings in professional circles that you should expect at least a 50% drop off once a date is tied down.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
If you swing something out in YYC let me know.. Wouldn't be able to make anything in the east right now.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Large YYZ DO put on by AC

The DO (a decade ago) which was put on by AC included visits to the (then) new SOC, flights on the simulator , taste testings at a flight kitchen, and a simulated evacuation including slides etc. and a reception at Aeroplan. All in all a interesting/fun time. Ben Smith kindly offered a very discounted J ticket from Japan which was most appreciated at that time.^ I will sit this one out as I no longer have the chance to use AC where my business takes me. Cheers !
Old Jan 9, 2016, 7:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
The DO (a decade ago) which was put on by AC included visits to the (then) new SOC, flights on the simulator , taste testings at a flight kitchen, and a simulated evacuation including slides etc. and a reception at Aeroplan. All in all a interesting/fun time. Ben Smith kindly offered a very discounted J ticket from Japan which was most appreciated at that time.^ I will sit this one out as I no longer have the chance to use AC where my business takes me. Cheers !
Whoa whoa whoa, let's set our expectations accordingly here. I'm doing my best, but thats a few notches higher than what I can do

That was also a different time.

I see we have now exceeded 50 people interested. Cool.

News alert: Next update will be sometime next week (since it's Saturday at time of this posting.) Hopefully a time and further details can be shared shortly.

PS I appreciate the minimal Do thread banter as there is a lot of interest in this Do. (especially based on thread view count in 24 hours).

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jan 9, 2016 at 8:30 pm
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
IIRC,AC/AE also knew or had a very strong sense who was coming to the event. IOW,acysb87 had a name to go with my FT persona
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acysb87
IIRC,AC/AE also knew or had a very strong sense who was coming to the event. IOW,acysb87 had a name to go with my FT persona
Yes, that is correct, and certainly was not a problem at that time. Then again you also gave me your business card , as did many of the fine folks I met over the 2 days ! Even Parnel wasn't half bad , except he crashed our simulator flight !
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:20 pm

Deleted as not approved by SAP

Last edited by Maserati; Jan 9, 2016 at 9:52 pm
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Can we PLEASE keep the Do banter to a minimum. There's a LOT of people interested in joining and I'd like to respect their time as participants are on edge wrt what is happening and when. Thank you!

E.g. Please help me out here! I'm happy to deal with questions about the Do but Do threads have been known to involve a lot of banter, which is fine, but I don't want to annoy >50+ people checking up on what's new. If you want to reminisce, please post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-2016-a-3.html

Thank you. (and sorry). Comments/suggestions about this Do are more than welcome but let's try to stick to the topic at hand. Thanks, punch me at the Do for being a meanie!

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Jan 10, 2016 at 6:29 am
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:34 pm

Last edited by Maserati; Jan 9, 2016 at 9:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.