Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Lounge Dragons and Bag Tracking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

AC Lounge Dragons and Bag Tracking

I was told at both the YVR-Domestic and YYZ-Transborder lounges that lounge dragons cannot track a checked bag.

I had my bag tag but was told that AC lounge dragons do not have the capacity to track one's bag.

This seems outrageous as even the dragons at the de-hubbed Cleveland United Club can do that (and more).

Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: SE MM
Is anyone else bothered by the use of the term 'dragons' on this board? I find it tiresome and wholly inaccurate. In my experience the agents always welcoming and pleasant and, on the rare occasions I need something willing to help. I can't think of any exceptions.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by flamengo
Is anyone else bothered by the use of the term 'dragons' on this board? I find it tiresome and wholly inaccurate. In my experience the agents always welcoming and pleasant and, on the rare occasions I need something willing to help. I can't think of any exceptions.
Hit and miss. There's a YOW MLL agent that I love to deal with, but YYZ/YUL has not been pleasant. YEG/YYC - hit and miss. YVR is decent though.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:32 am

Nope. Dragons are amazing creatures. They breathe fire, they fly, they are covered in pretty, shiny scales. They are fierce and protective. These Dragons are guarding the delights that are to be found inside the MLL from all interlopers.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by hairpeace
I was told at both the YVR-Domestic and YYZ-Transborder lounges that lounge dragons cannot track a checked bag.

I had my bag tag but was told that AC lounge dragons do not have the capacity to track one's bag.

This seems outrageous as even the dragons at the de-hubbed Cleveland United Club can do that (and more).

It's not outrageous

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 7, 2016 at 9:29 am
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: SE MM
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Hit and miss. There's a YOW MLL agent that I love to deal with, but YYZ/YUL has not been pleasant. YEG/YYC - hit and miss. YVR is decent though.
Is a related to how much we ask them to do? I rarely, if ever, ask for anything. I go through YYZ domestic, transborder, international MLLs all the time and I typically get a smile, a "welcome to the lounge Mr Flamengo" and I am on my way.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
If you think Canadian dragons are bad, just wait until you meet the German dragons at LH.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Unlike the service desks at most US airline clubs (and separate from the receptionists who let us in), the receptionists at MLLs are not agents who are there to make changes to bookings or do other similar tasks. While I agree, AC's bag tracking is hopeless and useless (the India call centre is an embarrassment), this is not their job be they have access or not to the tracking system.

That said, with scanning technology, there should be no reason we can't have a part of the AC website the permits us to track our bags just as Canada Post or FedEx et al can do.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

+ 1

I find the expression condescending.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Shareholder
That said, with scanning technology, there should be no reason we can't have a part of the AC website the permits us to track our bags just as Canada Post or FedEx et al can do.
...or Delta.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
YWG top notch.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE100K
You haven't met the lady at YYC... but yes most are very nice and welcoming
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Given that most on this forum don't seem to mind calling the 777 configs slaveships, I wouldn't say that dragon is the most offensive moniker being thrown around.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I have had AC/UA/AA/BA/LH lounge agents be like dragons...
(I do agree with you that the vast majority, however, are not.)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:04 am

People that use the term 'dragons' are usually the ones that come on here using invective and hyperbole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.