Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: YQMYMM
Print Wikipost

AQD Not Posting for 2016 Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
The sky is definitely not falling, but I think there are many people who are waiting for data in order to make adjustments to their travel. If they are upset, it's fully understandable.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Seriously, I'm baffled by this board's seeming ability to predict that AC IT will screw something up, then immediately react with shock and dismay when that's exactly what happens.
Hilarious! To be honest, that's part of this board's charm

Originally Posted by ridefar
FTFY.
+1
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
The sky is definitely not falling, but I think there are many people who are waiting for data in order to make adjustments to their travel. If they are upset, it's fully understandable.
Agreed, we all want to know how AC actually calculates AQD i.e. net number off ticket charge that counts toward AQD, codeshare, regular and FP.

the terms stating paid fare less 'taxes' is worthless since all airlines ( especially AC ) defines what is a 'tax' with some sort special guide only they have.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AC-SE, EK-G, GF-G
Originally Posted by mendy7511
They should not have made the AQD requirment until they had a reliable method to track.
They should have announced AQD for 2017, and give themselves a year to work out bugs and allow people to see how much they are spending.
+1
I completely agree with you! If AC and/or AE cannot handle this, then they should postpone it until they are fully capable to provide accurate and timely information on AQD.
Also, spending $20K per year for AC is significant for many of us. We need to know how much to budget, and ideally AC should have informed us of this decision one year in advance.
Consequently, I think AC should postpone implementing AQD until 2017.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
+1
I completely agree with you! If AC and/or AE cannot handle this, then they should postpone it until they are fully capable to provide accurate and timely information on AQD.
Also, spending $20K per year for AC is significant for many of us. We need to know how much to budget, and ideally AC should have informed us of this decision one year in advance.
Consequently, I think AC should postpone implementing AQD until 2017.
I disagree. This feature was thoroughly tested and found to far exceed AC's normal IT quality standards. What reason was there to delay going live?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by After Burner
I disagree. This feature was thoroughly tested and found to far exceed AC's normal IT quality standards. What reason was there to delay going live?
Hmmmm. Double Blind?

"an experimental procedure in which neither the subjects of the experiment nor the persons administering the experiment know the critical aspects of the experiment; "a double-blind procedure is used to guard against both experimenter bias and placebo effects"
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:00 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
. . . because we want them to . . .
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Originally Posted by aircanada_loyal
We need to know how much to budget,
I would suggest no less than $20K
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
. . . because we want them to . . .
And forgo all this entertainment??
Old Jan 4, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Be patient, this process takes time. The data has to be sent from the 23 ticketing platforms to this department:

Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's almost certainly a new tracking system bolted on top of the existing AQM/AQS system, that processes each flight separately, but more importantly, it's been a few hours.
A friend who knows the AC IT system very well has termed it held together with "bailing wire and duct tape.

A system bolted on top of the existing AQM/AQS system would be an improvement !
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Here is the 23 (13?) ticketing systems rolled up in to 1....

Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
It's January 4th. Take a breath.

I mean, yeah, we'd all be happier if AC's systems provided the quality and reliability we've come to expect from IT juggernauts like Domino's Pizza, but 72 hours is faster than AC flights often post, period.

There's just no way that AQD isn't being calculated by a new, bolt-on system running independent of the existing AQM and AQS calculations, so it's not terribly surprising that the calculations aren't simultaneous.

...and all of this aside, nobody rational is making critical strategic decisions based on one data point from the fourth day of the year.

Call this what it is. Everyone's been upset and unsure of what AQD will mean ever since it was announced, and you're desperate for any data points to reassure you that you'll still get something from AC next year.

...but it's January 4th, so, yeah, breathe deep and wait a few days. If it's still a thing next week I'll hand out the pitchforks and torches right alongside.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The sky is falling! We're doomed. DOOMED!
Indeed. Just look at the Shanghai market.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
The sky is falling! We're doomed. DOOMED!

Seriously, I'm baffled by this board's seeming ability to predict that AC IT will screw something up, then immediately react with shock and dismay when that's exactly what happens.

As Ken points out, nobody needs to do anything with their AQDs for a few more minutes. It's almost certainly a new tracking system bolted on top of the existing AQM/AQS system, that processes each flight separately, but more importantly, it's been a few hours.

We all knew AC IT was going to struggle with this; as the old Southern saying goes, "you don't blame a dog for barking".
FT AC = the patience of a 3 year old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.