Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the
original 2004 - 2014 thread
and the 2015 edition

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Cats are better than dogs. Period.

If you want to go somewhere for a weekend, you can leave a cat at home with a bit of extra food, and everything will be fine.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Well don't get your hopes too high.

I hear that first trip in business class can be... disappointing.
Heck, I haven't even been on international J yet.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
Online-only discount. The website is more generous than the physical store when it comes to stacking discounts
In my dealings with the MS Store they have always matched the price I can get online.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Heck, I haven't even been on international J yet.
The $200 fares I buy every six months never let me sit forward of Row 75. I assume International J will change my life forever.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Cats are better than dogs. Period.

If you want to go somewhere for a weekend, you can leave a cat at home with a bit of extra food, and everything will be fine.
You know my opinion :P
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Packing for two weeks in Romania starting tomorrow. Flying economy
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by montezume
Packing for two weeks in Romania starting tomorrow. Flying economy
I really enjoyed Brasov and Bucharest one Aug. years back. You doing lots of touring?
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:37 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by tcook052
I really enjoyed Brasov and Bucharest one Aug. years back. You doing lots of touring?
Flying into Bucharest, spending one night at the Marriott (thank you Marriott Visa), taking a train the next day to the black Sea, spending 3 nights in Vama Veche near the Bulgarian border, then taking an overnight train (sleeper class, only $130 for two people for a two person cabin) to Cluj Napoca. Going to spend a few nights there and then work our way back towards Bucharest through Transylvania -> Brasov, Sighisoara are a must. Going to play that part of the trip by ear, just have up until Cluj booked right now.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by AltaBound
In my dealings with the MS Store they have always matched the price I can get online.
The CAA deal is like one of those cash back rewards you get in the mail days later AFAIK.

But now they have an even better deal ($150 gc with purchase of SP4 i5/i7), except it excludes the i5 4GB model that I want to buy
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by montezume
Flying into Bucharest, spending one night at the Marriott (thank you Marriott Visa), taking a train the next day to the black Sea, spending 3 nights in Vama Veche near the Bulgarian border, then taking an overnight train (sleeper class, only $130 for two people for a two person cabin) to Cluj Napoca. Going to spend a few nights there and then work our way back towards Bucharest through Transylvania -> Brasov, Sighisoara are a must. Going to play that part of the trip by ear, just have up until Cluj booked right now.
I should get back to explore more of the country, including the Black Sea coast.

My time in Brasov included some castle visits so would recommend Rasnov as worth the visit as it's less touristy than Bran castle and dates back to the 13th century. More in the Europe destination forum but enjoy Romania!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by tcook052
Completely agree! Uncertainty is the only certainty watching that show.

Also this scene really had a lasting effect on me. Reddit interpreted as the rich looking down from their ivory towers that was built by poors who risked their lives to make it to the next month.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Aug 19, 2016 at 10:20 am
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So what is it like flying on a 321? Or is it a 123?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Guess who just got the Surface Pro 4 i5 4GB RAM for $1001 instead of $1297
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
SAP?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:06 pm

Good for you! I am interested in how you find it. I am still on the Surface Pro 3 using the Surface 4 keyboard and pen. I am surprised on how much I have ended up liking the unit. I will probably get the next generation Surface Pro when it is released to replace my dying X230.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.