Search

YVR - YYZ on points ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:46 pm
RZR
Original Poster

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
YVR - YYZ on points ?

Trying to book this for a friend of mine , one way journey , in business class , on points , as SE , on Feb 8th 2016.

This flight doesn't show up on Aeroplan in J. Shouldn't this be available as a priority reward?

Lot of revenue seats available.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:48 pm
alc

I recall other said IKK for SE is coming out from R space. So, if R=0, you will not see anything on Aeroplan search result.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I just checked .

There are 11 direct flights YVR-YYZ that day.

All but one of them (AC 148 on the 787) have R space.

Double checked on the Aeroplan site...I can get a seat, using Priority Rewards, in Business on 10 of direct flights that day.

Did you check the 'Priority Reward' button at the top of the page???
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:08 pm

Slightly off topic, but from my experience, the direct YVR-YYZ (or YYZ-YVR) flights in J are hardly available as standard non-priority AP awards.
Pretty ridiculous IMO.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by agjil
Slightly off topic, but from my experience, the direct YVR-YYZ (or YYZ-YVR) flights in J are hardly available as standard non-priority AP awards.
Pretty ridiculous IMO.
Not when one books 355 days out.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Pretty ridiculous IMO.
I am redeeming non-priority business awards on this route every few months and availability is good 4+ months out. Difficult to find availability on the 787 flights though.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:54 pm
RZR
Original Poster

That sucks! I want AC 148 (787). My friend has other friends on the same flight, so they want to travel together.
SE sucks
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RZR
That sucks! I want AC 148 (787). My friend has other friends on the same flight, so they want to travel together.
SE sucks
Yeah 11 flights that day and they're only willing to give me seats on 10. What a horrible program

It's free standby and a $75 SDC, for the record.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:28 pm
RZR
Original Poster

It does suck! Zero out the only flight that knowledgeable etc.. Redeemers would prefer.
Just my opinion.
Booked him in y. At least he'll be first on the list for j cabin.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC100,DLSilver,ALMVP,Fairmont Platinum
They switch that 787 out for a 767 with some regularity. happened to me the other week.
I complained and got a GC for $200
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
It does suck! Zero out the only flight that knowledgeable etc.. Redeemers would prefer.
Just my opinion.
This is one of the weirdest comments I have read I a while. The only flight available to the General Aeroplan population at regular miles is a redeye.

Yet you have availablility of 10 flights...only 2 months out! And youre complaining....

And actually , knowledgeable redeemers would choose the flights that give them the greatest chance of sitting up front on a wide body. (That would NOT be the 787)....And in this case, there are four 777s flying that day....

Lastly, anyone booked in PE is further ahead on the upgrade list than those booked in Y.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Plumber
This is one of the weirdest comments I have read I a while. The only flight available to the General Aeroplan population at regular miles is a redeye.

Yet you have availablility of 10 flights...only 2 months out! And youre complaining....

And actually , knowledgeable redeemers would choose the flights that give them the greatest chance of sitting up front on a wide body. (That would NOT be the 787)....And in this case, there are four 777s flying that day....

Lastly, anyone booked in PE is further ahead on the upgrade list than those booked in Y.
You can't book PY on domestic flights. But I agree with everything else you say.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You can't book PY on domestic flights. But I agree with everything else you say.
Of course- thanks for the reminder/clarification.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RZR
Just my opinion.
Did you check any revenue options (particularly those involving hidden city), to see if there is any better value for those points?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Pretty ridiculous IMO.
aside from there being high demand O/D traffic, it's the route that most INTL connections take....... so there are a lot of people rewarding for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.