Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Quick quick advice needed re tango / flex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: E50K

(I am willing to bet this has been covered before, but I am in a real time crunch and couldn't find the answer in a quick search. Apologies to all.)

I have to do YYJ-YOW next week. The feds are paying, and buying the ticket on my behalf. They say they will only do the cheapest fare, which I assume means Tango (or, God help me, WestJet).

The questions: Once they have paid for the ticket on my behalf, is it possible for me to upgrade it to Flex? (That would put me into seat upgrade range, in theory.) Or, can I pay on check-in to get from a Tango fare to a J seat?

Or is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks...
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
You should be able to phone AC post-purchase and upgrade from Tango to Flex.

As for LMU from Tango at check-in, provided there's space available, it's an option. Likely to be much more expensive than buying up from Tango to Flex, but no risk of paying and not getting the upgrade.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by DaveObee
I have to do YYJ-YOW next week. The feds are paying, and buying the ticket on my behalf. They say they will only do the cheapest fare, which I assume means Tango (or, God help me, WestJet).

Or is there a better way to handle this?
I mean... if, by the time you booked, only Flex fares remained, then you'd be buying the cheapest-available fare...

That aside, I believe the federal guidelines allow your choice of carrier as long as it's within a (IMO fairly reasonable) certain percentage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.