Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan FAILED: almost got a heart attack

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan FAILED: almost got a heart attack

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Just want to thank everyone here for all your help the last 1.5 weeks. Now in ORD and i have my boarding pass for Japan too. Showed up at YYZ and almost got a heart attack. Scan my passport but it says no trip. .but i checked in last night so i tried the locator number and got my boarding pass. PHEW.only problem so far and it's not related to Aeroplan is the food in the MLL got me sick and yeah. ..diarrhea in a CRJ 700..I really had the urge to go and the damn taxiing took a long time! !! Finally got in the air and made my way too the loo.Anyways all is good and in United lounge right now.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by Ichinensei
Just want to thank everyone here for all your help the last 1.5 weeks. Now in ORD and i have my boarding pass for Japan too. Showed up at YYZ and almost got a heart attack. Scan my passport but it says no trip. .but i checked in last night so i tried the locator number and got my boarding pass. PHEW.only problem so far and it's not related to Aeroplan is the food in the MLL got me sick and yeah. ..diarrhea in a CRJ 700..I really had the urge to go and the damn taxiing took a long time! !! Finally got in the air and made my way too the loo.Anyways all is good and in United lounge right now.
Go out and buy a lottery ticket while you are hot !!!!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Go out and buy a lottery ticket while you are hot !!!!
Haha. Yeah. Maybe if the diarrhea episode didn't happen i'd consider it.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: SE100K (Star Gold)
Do we really have to read about diarrhea on two different threads? Other topics have been deemed inappropriate content wise on this board, surely reading about diarrhea is worse.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:47 am
Original Poster

[Travelled and back in one piece. Thanks all for the help.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:28 pm

Same thing happened to me, I always check and re check and even call the individual airlines to confirm.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Confirm, Confirm, Confirm

I did a ticket change recently with Aeroplan and changed my routing home.

Somehow one of the segments did not book. I was calling in to consider another ticket change and the agent had the ticket starting out of the connecting city. When they did the change apparently they failed to book one of the legs.

Very, very scary as I'd have showed up at the airport that day with no ticket.

This ticket previously had a leg go away because Thai stopped flying it and I didn't find out about that until 5 months after the fact, by trying to check the flight on seatguru and seatguru telling me it didn't exist.

So, not a bad idea to confirm your flight every now and then if you book way out in advance.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by nihonto
I did a ticket change recently with Aeroplan and changed my routing home.

Somehow one of the segments did not book. I was calling in to consider another ticket change and the agent had the ticket starting out of the connecting city. When they did the change apparently they failed to book one of the legs.

Very, very scary as I'd have showed up at the airport that day with no ticket.

This ticket previously had a leg go away because Thai stopped flying it and I didn't find out about that until 5 months after the fact, by trying to check the flight on seatguru and seatguru telling me it didn't exist.

So, not a bad idea to confirm your flight every now and then if you book way out in advance.
People think I am crazy but I check once a week especially because I tend to book far ahead (I am retired )...

Also your 014 ticket number will change - be sure to bring the latest one with you just in case especially if you have no AC segments like UA!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.