Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Int'l MLL access for Tango fare

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Int'l MLL access for Tango fare

It's been a real long time since I've been here however I wanted to ask a question.

Is there such thing as an MLL pass that can be used at an Int'l MLL (YYZ)? Obtaining a pass is no issue (via AP remption) but the ones I have seen available are Dom/TB only. Why AC does this I do not understand however I'd like to access the MLL for at least 2-3 hours. My departure is in the evening of Sept 12. Unfotunately as I was booked by my company, the cheapest fare class prevails.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
They made a change a couple of years ago to limit the lounge passes that are issued as options to Altitude members to domestic/north America only. This was supposedly because the lounges were getting to full of (credit card) people. At the same time, they have been making the international lounges nicer.

You can always pay something like $50 for lounge access if you really want to.

By the way, the Tango fare has nothing to do with it - you'd be in the same boat with Flex.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev
They made a change a couple of years ago to limit the lounge passes that are issued as options to Altitude members to domestic/north America only. This was supposedly because the lounges were getting to full of (credit card) people. At the same time, they have been making the international lounges nicer.

You can always pay something like $50 for lounge access if you really want to.

By the way, the Tango fare has nothing to do with it - you'd be in the same boat with Flex.
Where do I need to pay $50? As the ticket is booked by a 3rd party system, I don't have a lot of the options on the Manage Booking screen. Does having an Aerogold VISA help in any way?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Aren't tangos unable to buy walk up lounge access?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Correct - lowest fare type that can buy access is Flex.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Oops - you are correct.

OP - if lounge access is really important, looks like you'll have to phone AC and see if you can pay the difference for Flex then buy the $50 lounge access fee.

Probably better to just sit in an airport restaurant or since you have a few hours, head to the Sheraton hotel in T3.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev
Oops - you are correct.

OP - if lounge access is really important, looks like you'll have to phone AC and see if you can pay the difference for Flex then buy the $50 lounge access fee.

Probably better to just sit in an airport restaurant or since you have a few hours, head to the Sheraton hotel in T3.
I wouldn't pay $100 to use the MLL let alone the fare-upgrade + $50. I'll probably just try the Plaza lounge as I can get a deal with that. I've used the domestic one and the beer was cold so I'm happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.