Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any way to search for Flex tickets by price on Air Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Hey all!

I need a 10k Aeroplan flight.

I used to simply search for a cheap United flight, and that did the trick, but not all United flights gives 100% miles anymore.

Is there a search engine I could use where I could ask to search through all Air Canada's flights, but only the Flex fare?

Like a Google Flights, but with that option added?

Or if you have another trick for a high value Aeroplan flight, please, be my guest!

Cheers!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Are you trying to do a mileage run? What's your budget?

I've only done it manually based on destination.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
ITA matrix will do the trick.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Sorry for the delay, I was away.

Yes, I'm trying to do a mile-run. Well, a vacation with lots of Aeroplan miles anyway.

For ITA Matrix, you mean search for premium economy? Yes, that could do the trick.

I guess what I would love though is an option in Google Flight to tick and get only the 100% miles flights... or at least to block specific classes (K, etc.).

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
If you don't need status miles, just redeemable miles, why not sign up for a credit card that gives 25k bonus?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

The goal is to get status miles.

I used to take cheap United flights when I needed miles to get to a status, but they changed the value of their economy flights (from 100% Aeroplan to 50%).

Bummer...
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
It's incredibly easy. You can search on ITA or google and just make sure it's over 10,000 even at 50%. For instance, YVR-LHR-JNB is 10344 miles at 100%, but as long as you pay close attention to the fare classes before you book, a return trip would net 5172 * 2 = 10344 total.

You sound like a bit of a rookie, no offense. Yes there are United fares that earn 100%, as there are for all the star alliance airlines. The Aeroplan earnings charts are important, so if you find a fare you like, check the fare classes vs the Aeroplan charts and you'll have your answer.

As far as JUST searching for flex fares, sure put in any destinations on the AC site and you can click Flex. It'll show you the fare codes before paying. Now there are people who report the codeshares being poorly coded, but if you want you can stick to AC operated flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.