Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: The Various Methods of "Communicating" with Air Canada Reps - Your Experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: The Various Methods of "Communicating" with Air Canada Reps - Your Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Arrow The Various Methods of "Communicating" with Air Canada Reps - Your Experiences?

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:27 am Reason: (added more)
Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I have found Twitter to be very useful for upcoming travel, promotions, etc.

I know there was a deaf FTer who used Twitter all the time to make seat changes or anything else that required a phone call. I've had good luck with them looking into issues of mine, and even making "one time exceptions" to help me out

I didn't know there was an online chat.

Fax is so outdated they just need to eliminate it. It's great that they support it, but I had to fax Aeroplan a document once. There was no email option. So annoying....

For email, are you referring to the SE address, or something else? I've only ever emailed aeroplan.documents, but that's the only way to deal with those issues.

Telephone has worked well for me for new bookings, existing reservations, changes, cancellations, refunds, etc.

I am not going anywhere near Facebook for communicating with them

Face to face is hit or miss. The times I've seen (in person) people get really frustrated are with questions like "Why didn't I get a new Elite card this year?" as if the MLL agent has any idea.

If you use the appropriate medium for your request, it's a lot less stressful
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I email Ben. He has been fantastic. <Both Bens>
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; AS MVP Gold75K; Fairmont Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Ditto. Used it only a couple of times, but responses were almost immediate.

I found the e-mail address to be very efficient for inquiries. Have turnaround times of well under 48 hours and always very knowledgeable responses.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:24 pm

Oh. Those email addresses.

Yeah I've sent an email or two that way, but those weren't really communications I would have had if I hadn't met Ben.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
I used on-line chat to track a lost bag about a year ago when I was till flying AC all the time. It worked very well. Resolved the issue in 20 minutes.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Ia Ora
Ditto. Used it only a couple of times, but responses were almost immediate.

I found the e-mail address to be very efficient for inquiries. Have turnaround times of well under 48 hours and always very knowledgeable responses.
Indeed. I've had it where either of the Bens would email me back well into the evenings and on weekends. It's one of the few reasons why I still have hope for Air Canada ^ Dedicated hard working employees like them (as well as Stephen K, Calin R, and a few others) who have welcomed my feedback and constructive criticism. Otherwise I'd be a jaded pissed off poster by now

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh. Those email addresses.

Yeah I've sent an email or two that way, but those weren't really communications I would have had if I hadn't met Ben.
Went to school with one of them (just didn't know it at the time - different grades, but same school) I don't see how meeting them in person would change anything. They've both been very helpful! I think I have both of their #'s, I haven't called them yet though, and if I do, it's because I'm literally up poops creek with something
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; AS MVP Gold75K; Fairmont Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Had a major issue recently with Air India not crediting miles for a J ticket.

Called AP - superbly helpful agent. She said she would elevate it.
Called me back < 24 hours and said she learned that best approach would be to use the SE e-mail address.
Did so, had an acknowledgment < 24 hours and resolution in < 72.

Most efficient handling of this issue. Very impressed.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:33 pm

I don't see how meeting them in person would change anything.
Because most of the interaction I've had could have been done over FT PMs, and I doubt I would have used any of their email addresses if they hadn't given me a card with it or asked me to email them.

I think I have both of their #'s, I haven't called them yet though, and if I do, it's because I'm literally up poops creek with something
I'm sure they'd all love a call from me at 3am because I didn't get the beef. Or because I was hungover and missed my flight.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Because most of the interaction I've had could have been done over FT PMs, and I doubt I would have used any of their email addresses if they hadn't given me a card with it or asked me to email them.

I'm sure they'd all love a call from me at 3am because I didn't get the beef. Or because I was hungover and missed my flight.
With both scenarios I would not have contacted either of the Bens....but hey that's just me.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:38 pm

With both scenarios I would not have contacted either of the Bens....but hey that's just me.
I just can't think of any scenario where airport staff would not be able to help me but a call to either Ben would get it resolved.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:40 pm
Suspended

I just can't think of any scenario where airport staff would not be able to help me but a call to either Ben would get it resolved.
Just because you can't think of them doesn't mean it doesn't exist
Old Aug 20, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet
Originally Posted by clipclop
AC has a number of ways you can communicate with them. I've used them all, sadly, which is a waste of my time and theirs. How many have you used? Please share your experiences.

Twitter
  • Not very useful. There's a lot of "We regret hearing of this." I've found that their first tactic is to try to ignore, then evade, then to finally ask you to DM them -- just so they can tell you they really can't help you.

Facebook
  • I haven't used this method, but it looks, erm, amusing.
The social media side of things has changed drastically due to the new Management behind it.. It used to be a lot more helpful, but because of this its gone downhill. If you want to know more feel free to PM me..
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks

Last edited by clipclop; Apr 27, 2016 at 4:26 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: *$ Green
I think Social Media communication has become a complete joke.

So many times I have faced customers saying "you better do X or I will take this to social media".

Please.

Also, as a manager in a company that had social media presence, I would receive emails from the SM department when .... hit the fan with my underlings. 95% of the time, it was exaggerated BS and the employee had actually followed protocols and government regulations.

What really sucks is for the 5% who actually have a legitimate concern.

But with 95% of the communication being crap from people looking to make a buck, I am not surprised some companies are just going F it, and only give a basic presence on SM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.