Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Cancelled Reward Ticket Options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Cancelled Reward Ticket Options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Air Miles
Cancelled Reward Ticket Options

I had to cancel an Aeroplan reward ticket due to a family illness about 10 days before the travel date, so the miles cannot be returned to my account. I know I can rebook anytime up to one year from the original purchase date, but I have no reason to go since I was attending a one-time event. Can I use the credit to book a flight to a different destination or must I follow my original itinerary?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by RBStead
I had to cancel an Aeroplan reward ticket due to a family illness about 10 days before the travel date, so the miles cannot be returned to my account. I know I can rebook anytime up to one year from the original purchase date, but I have no reason to go since I was attending a one-time event. Can I use the credit to book a flight to a different destination or must I follow my original itinerary?

I rebooked a cancelled ticket with a new destination. There will either be an increase or decrease in the taxes based on destination.

More info here (points 36-44)

Aeroplan Flight Rewards Terms and Conditions

https://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Suspend Ticket

This is something I just learnt.

You can suspend a reward ticket up to its 1 year validity (from date of issue of ticket, not date of suspension ).

I suspended a ticket 1-day prior to departure for free.

You only need to call in to book / change destination and pay the CAD$90 change fee before the 1-year validity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.