Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Fleet Changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
As I and others (one of them posted tonight) have said, we have no issues with the Rouge seat (29" regular Rouge seat).

As for if i'm regularly in them? Nope. I'm happy to pay for PR or a Rouge Plus seat. But thanks for caring.
When was the last time you had to pay to get into rouge Plus?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
As I and others (one of them posted tonight) have said, we have no issues with the Rouge seat (29" regular Rouge seat).

As for if i'm regularly in them? Nope. I'm happy to pay for PR or a Rouge Plus seat. But thanks for caring.
You said you did a 3 hour flight in a rouge 319 Y seat, not plus or premium (in another thread) and that you didn't mind it at all. When I asked if you'd like to try a 5.5-6 hour flight in the same seat (like what they have used and will be using for YYZ_BGI, YYZ-GND etc.) you didn't respond. So... would you?
I agree AC is just downgrading its service to a no frills airline. IMO Canadians fly on densified AC/rouge not because we like or want this service, it's that we have very few options and AC knows that.

Last edited by Northern Canuck; Aug 30, 2015 at 9:18 am
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
I agree AC is just downgrading its service to a no frills airline. IMO Canadians fly on densified AC/rouge not because we like or want this service, it's that we have very few options and AC knows that.
Given the number of seats they are adding to the mainland airline I don't see them downgrading the main product.

The Rouge product is mostly entry into a market that was dominated by Transat.

Any word on when the new E175 will join the fleet?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
You said you did a 3 hour flight in a rouge 319 Y seat, not plus or premium (in another thread) and that you didn't mind it at all. When I asked if you'd like to try a 5.5-6 hour flight in the same seat (like what they have used and will be using for YYZ_BGI, YYZ-GND etc.) you didn't respond. So... would you?
Would I? Sure! I didn't respond because it doesn't seem plausible. My flying is for work, and I'd never fly there (for work). As I've said multiple times, if I'm not flying for work, I only will sit in the pointy end of an airplane, hence why I didn't originally respond to your question.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by cperciva
is "replacement" a euphemism for "elimination"?
replacement means elimination. when are 737s coming online? 2017? and the added seats from the 787 deliveries.

probably means more 787 domestic flying.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
Would I? Sure! I didn't respond because it doesn't seem plausible. My flying is for work, and I'd never fly there (for work). As I've said multiple times, if I'm not flying for work, I only will sit in the pointy end of an airplane, hence why I didn't originally respond to your question.
But the point was.... do you think the Y cabin on a 319 is comfortable enough for a long flight, not whether you can afford Premium. Thanks for the answer.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
But the point was.... do you think the Y cabin on a 319 is comfortable enough for a long flight, not whether you can afford Premium. Thanks for the answer.
6 hours to me is fine. A long flight to me is a 15 hour flight though... So I'm clearly biased..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.