Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Refund for card that no longer exists

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club

Hi everyone,

AC has finally agreed to refund me for an issue I had last year (I bough my seat but I was changed seat when boarding) I no longer have the credit card used in the transaction and AC emailed me saying they would refund me on that card. Does anyone know what happens next when they try to refund my card that no longer exists? AC has not replied to me in over 3 weeks so maybe someone has had a similar situation.

Thanks all,
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: AC SE100K
If your new card is just a different card number under the same account, the bank will figure this out. Your old card numbers are stored in your account for as long as the account is open. Happened to me twice with refunds from AC - bank had no problem crediting the money. I am with RBC, so I'd double-check with your bank to make sure.

If you no longer have an account with the bank that AC is sending the refund to, you should insist that AC refunds to a new card or gives you a voucher.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:26 am
alc

Actually, the money will go to the cancel credit card and it will work. You can either call the credit card issuer to send you a cheque a few business days afterward or wait until you get the statement in the mail showing the credit balance.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Happened to me before, the credit card issuer just mailed me a cheque after ~2 weeks
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
In my case TD deposited the credit money from the cancelled card directly into my bank account. That is once I figured out which card I originally used for the AP reward and called them.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club
Hey guys thanks for all the answers. In my case I used to have the CIBC aeroplan card. My card is one of the ones that TD Canada bought from CIBC. I'm hoping to get a check.

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.