FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

getaround May 6, 2008 11:33 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9684467)
He probably said #@!*#&

;)

He's probably on his way to catering organization to give them all a good BlXXdy talking too.

Karlitos May 6, 2008 11:56 am

Stephane Dion last weekend at YOW. He is much taller than he looks. I am 6 feet tall (still can't get used to metric for height statistics) and he was a good 10 cm :D taller than me.

Matt93 May 6, 2008 12:44 pm

I have been traveling regularly for 2 years now and didnt see anyone, until this past month.

3 weeks ago I was in MLL YYZ and Glen Healy (former NHL goalie, current TSN colour guy) walked in and sat next to me. We chatted for a bit about the NHL playoffs and he said San Jose was going to win it all, he was wrong :)

Last week I was walking past US depatures to Canadian departures in YYZ and walked past the entire Toronto Raptors team as they were flying to Orlando for game 5 (I believe).

Same day I flew from YYZ-YVR-LAS. My YVR-LAS flight I had Flava Flav sitting 3 rows in front of me in J.

NordsFan May 6, 2008 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9683430)
While most certainly not Canadian, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay had cause to swear at AC recently on a visit to YYZ:

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/...html?id=494199

After having his luggage lost by Air Canada, and then almost being burned alive by a ferocious journalist, Gordon Ramsay ended his state-like visit to town last week not with a bang, but with a worry. Would he, that is, hold it all against us, and still open his Canadian virgin-resto in Toronto, and not anywhere else?

He came in to YYZ from LHR on AC849 on Saturday 26APR....I was told that he did not look like he enjoyed the food offered in the J cabin ! :D

Flews May 6, 2008 1:26 pm

Tom Cochrane (Red Ryder) was on my flight from Calgary to Toronto the day after the Junos.

There were also a whack of (presumably celebrity) Canadians musicians on that flight - unfortunately I couldn't put any names to their faces.

Cheers,

propofol May 6, 2008 5:15 pm

Glad to see more activity in this thread after a hiatus...

How many people here chat up the celebrities they see?

YVR72 May 6, 2008 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Matt93 (Post 9684854)
Same day I flew from YYZ-YVR-LAS. My YVR-LAS flight I had Flava Flav sitting 3 rows in front of me in J.

Flaaavour flaaaav

YVR72 May 6, 2008 8:43 pm

Sat across from Jennifer Burke (Very attractive TV personality and wife of Brian Burke) on YVR/LAX. Going to spend weekend with hubby I presume.

tcook052 May 12, 2008 8:27 pm

And I have primo seats for the exhibition game tomorrow -- and not a flake of the white stuff in the forecast! ^

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...1-37c5c476e870

David Beckham's big arrival at the Edmonton International Airport this afternoon lasted all of two minutes but his presence was enough to leave fans even more excited than they were before.

The soccer star, in town for an exhibition match against the Vancouver Whitecaps at Commonwealth Stadium Tuesday night, was greeted with screams, cheers, and a lot of camera flashes when he and his L.A. Galaxy teammates landed just before 4 p.m. today on an Air Canada flight from Los Angeles.

RCyyz May 13, 2008 8:18 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9715430)

David Beckham's big arrival at the Edmonton International Airport this afternoon lasted all of two minutes but his presence was enough to leave fans even more excited than they were before.

Cheater! You didn't see him on the flight - you just read the news clipping. For the purposes of this thread, it doesn't count! :p:D

anti_ice May 13, 2008 11:17 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 9715430)
And I have primo seats for the exhibition game tomorrow -- and not a flake of the white stuff in the forecast! ^

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...1-37c5c476e870

The soccer star, in town for an exhibition match against the Vancouver Whitecaps at Commonwealth Stadium Tuesday night, was greeted with screams, cheers, and a lot of camera flashes when he and his L.A. Galaxy teammates landed just before 4 p.m. today on an Air Canada flight from Los Angeles.

Apparently, my nephew has somehow weaseled onto the field to be part of the opening ceremony. :D Seriously though, he will be one of the kids walking the team out to start the game (a group of lucky local soccer kids). Maybe he'll get to hold Beckham's hand. He has been instructed not to let go...in case D. Beckham notices me trying to weasel in and hold V. Beckham's hand. ;)

BarrieTravelGuy May 15, 2008 7:22 am

Was schedule for an AC ORD - YYZ flight last night but missed it due to a delay from my OMA departure. They put me on a United flight instead in First. Ben Stein sat down beside me for the flight. The whole time all I could think about was Ferris Buller LOL

halfmileman May 15, 2008 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Matt93 (Post 9684854)
I have been traveling regularly for 2 years now and didnt see anyone, until this past month.

3 weeks ago I was in MLL YYZ and Glen Healy (former NHL goalie, current TSN colour guy) walked in and sat next to me. We chatted for a bit about the NHL playoffs and he said San Jose was going to win it all, he was wrong :)

Last week I was walking past US depatures to Canadian departures in YYZ and walked past the entire Toronto Raptors team as they were flying to Orlando for game 5 (I believe).

Flava Flav must have cleared up that nasty immigration issue (re:criminal record and all). He wasn't allowed in for a Public Enemy concert that I was at a number of years ago. I guess now that he's a TV star things are different! :D

StarAlliance2005 May 15, 2008 8:28 am

Leonardo DiCaprio YYZ-YUL last flight yesterday...looks like a kid ..i guess been 31 still a kid..lol

zorn May 31, 2008 9:49 pm

CEO of The Football Association, Brian Barwick, was on AC34 arriving Toronto today. He was met by a concierge at the gate.

There was a big FIFA meeting in SYD just finishing up, but I didn't notice him on the SYD-YVR part. He may well have been on it too.

I wonder if he was on his way to POS.