Search

Confusion about YYZ -MLL Specific.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Confusion about YYZ -MLL Specific.

Hi,

I am a little confused about YYZ. It seems that most maps fragment the USA, International & Domestic (Canada) parts of the terminal.

I'm traveling from DCA-YYZ-TLV in August and was wondering if I am able to use a MLL pass that has a restriction to access "Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder departure zones of Canadian airports, along with those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia) only." Would I be able to use it during my trip?

Many Thanks in Advance.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold
Sounds like no -- there are three separate MLLs at Pearson (Domestic, International, Transborder) and you'll be departing out of International.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
No- because as far as I know, as soon as you arrive at YYZ, you'll be sent straight through customs to the international pier, where you don't have access to the MLL. You won't have access to the domestic or TB sections of the terminal.

Its different if you're going domestic to international, because you choose when you go to the Intl pier, and can wait in the domestic lounge. In your case, you'll be sent directly to the Intl area.

This is as far as I know...I could be wrong, but from my understanding, this is what will happen.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nave888
No- because as far as I know, as soon as you arrive at YYZ, you'll be sent straight through customs to the international pier, where you don't have access to the MLL. You won't have access to the domestic or TB sections of the terminal.

Its different if you're going domestic to international, because you choose when you go to the Intl pier, and can wait in the domestic lounge. In your case, you'll be sent directly to the Intl area.

This is as far as I know...I could be wrong, but from my understanding, this is what will happen.
You are correct.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Should you be returning on the same routing, you could use the certificate to enter
the transborder lounge on your return flight.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AP*SE SPG-PLAT
there is a good PP option there as well. You may be able to get in with Amex Plat
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zsm1928
there is a good PP option there as well. You may be able to get in with Amex Plat
Thank You for all of your replies. Although I don't have an Amex Plat card I will research the PP (assuming you mean Priority Pass) option. I was planning to go since I am going to be in YYZ for a 8 hour layover. But again, Thank you for the many replies.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by am1108
Thank You for all of your replies. Although I don't have an Amex Plat card I will research the PP (assuming you mean Priority Pass) option. I was planning to go since I am going to be in YYZ for a 8 hour layover. But again, Thank you for the many replies.
I don't even think I could do an LH F lounge for 8 hours (without sleeping for a large portion).

Go somewhere fun
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by am1108
:I am going to be in YYZ for a 8 hour layover. But again, Thank you for the many replies.
To echo what canadiancow said, I would do something fun instead. You can take the new Pearson airport train downtown to Union Station and spend a few hours downtown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.