Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Rudest airline staff I've ever encountered

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rudest airline staff I've ever encountered

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
In my case, it wasn't a Star Alliance issue. I am an AC Million Miler and flying on an AC flight. The fact that an agent isn't empowered to waive a preferred seat fee in a case where a whole bunch of preferred seats were going to be offered up for free (and delivers that message with a whole bunch of "altitude") is frankly, shocking.

Last edited by margarita girl; Oct 8, 2015 at 10:42 am
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
In my case, it wasn't a Star Alliance issue. I am an AC Million Miler and flying on an AC flight. The fact that an agent isn't empowered to waive a preferred seat fee in a case where a whole bunch of preferred seats were going to be offered up for free (and delivers that message with a whole bunch of "altitude") is frankly, shocking.
I guess that's why people who get 1mm status leave AC.

Then its time to get 1MM status in a another airline. Or even better pick any airline on the best price and not worry about the AC status that is becoming useless.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I thought million miler was E50K for life? If so and seeing as how you are flying CAN-USA are preferred seats not free for you?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by WR Cage
I thought million miler was E50K for life? If so and seeing as how you are flying CAN-USA are preferred seats not free for you?
Not on tango or award tickets.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What happened to the OP?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by WR Cage
This.

And if he bought tango/reward, then he can't expect them to just give the preferred seat to him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.