Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kishiwada
Took our first J class from YVR-YYC (yeah I know, but the eUps were going to expire) and while the trip out was uneventful, the trip home had the passenger in the seat behind my partner take her shoes off, stick both bare feet between the seat along the window, and spend the first 20 minutes of the trip wiggling her toes together right next to his ear. FA put the kibosh to it before departure, but still. Guh. He said next time he's going to bring a spray bottle of sanitizer and spritz the feet of anyone that does that to him again.
Were you in the last row of J and the offending pax in Y (assuming there was no bulkhead wall)? Of course, who and where the offending pax is seated doesn't really matter but I'm just curious.
Also, as you alluded to... some people here like to judge others on where and when it's appropriate to use eUps... it's them that have the issues, not you.
mathemagic likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Took our first J class from YVR-YYC (yeah I know, but the eUps were going to expire) and while the trip out was uneventful, the trip home had the passenger in the seat behind my partner take her shoes off, stick both bare feet between the seat along the window, and spend the first 20 minutes of the trip wiggling her toes together right next to his ear. FA put the kibosh to it before departure, but still. Guh. He said next time he's going to bring a spray bottle of sanitizer and spritz the feet of anyone that does that to him again.
You just reminded me that on my flight to VIE last week the woman in the pod across the aisle from me sat in her pod with her bare feet up on the edge of her table tray. Hey it's her "table" but whoever was the next passenger in that seat may not have been thrilled about it.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 4:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by The Lev
You just reminded me that on my flight to VIE last week the woman in the pod across the aisle from me sat in her pod with her bare feet up on the edge of her table tray. Hey it's her "table" but whoever was the next passenger in that seat may not have been thrilled about it.
They probably never knew. They just thought that the food smelled cheesier than usual.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj
They probably never knew. They just thought that the food smelled cheesier than usual.
Maybe it's me, but it just seems to me that as time goes by, we're seeing passengers (in all cabins and most airlines) becoming less classy. I'm not suggesting dressing to the nines or acting like they belong with high society, but you see all these people dressed in shorts, sandles and body-builder shirts (not sure what to call them) and doing classless stuff like above. Whatever happened to dressing decently (eg, at least a shirt and jeans) and not "putting your feet on the table"... and then when commented on, they all act as if it's the greatest insult thrown at them...

Am I missing something?
The Lev and 24left like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:04 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ
Maybe it's me, but it just seems to me that as time goes by, we're seeing passengers (in all cabins and most airlines) becoming less classy. I'm not suggesting dressing to the nines or acting like they belong with high society, but you see all these people dressed in shorts, sandles and body-builder shirts (not sure what to call them) and doing classless stuff like above. Whatever happened to dressing decently (eg, at least a shirt and jeans) and not "putting your feet on the table"... and then when commented on, they all act as if it's the greatest insult thrown at them...

Am I missing something?
Are you saying that these people are cheapening the cabin?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Depends on how you look at it. I'm also not limiting this to the premium cabins... I guess you could call it cheapening the cabin, I'm not trying to make this akin to the "prestige" that used to be associated with flying. Just... have some dignity while doing it. I have friends that I would never take with me to certain events because they would not know how to act.... but even they would at least make an effort to be respectable on a flight compared to some of these passengers...
Vaclav and 24left like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Were you in the last row of J and the offending pax in Y (assuming there was no bulkhead wall)? Of course, who and where the offending pax is seated doesn't really matter but I'm just curious.
Also, as you alluded to... some people here like to judge others on where and when it's appropriate to use eUps... it's them that have the issues, not you.
I wish, although at the same time "legs from Y to J class" is an odd compliment to give a person. They were last row, we were second last. A lovely flight otherwise, but Ma'am. Plz.

I have a friend who is hardcore into points/churning, and when she'd heard I was looking to use some eUps before they expired she emailed me a spreadsheet of available flights that would suffice for the 20 or so that I'd lose by 12/31. I had to laugh, then completely let her down by saying our budget was a little more English Bay, and a little less Amalfi Coast. Maybe next year!
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by StuckInYYZ

Am I missing something?
Wife beaters. And sandals are not acceptable anywhere except the beach, unless there is a stiletto attached.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:43 pm

Noted. I will sanitize heavily for 2022's YYC to LHR.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
So, I JUST finished reading the thread about 15 minutes ago. The entire thing. And between the aforementioned pee party in J class, and the long-ago noted aspect of J class being cheapened - I agree. This thread is complete, we have come full circle, thank you everyone for flying with FlyerTalk's Shaves On A Plane Airlines. Please collect your item, stow your tray tables, and for the love of God - put your shoes back on.
Vaclav and 24left like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
So, I JUST finished reading the thread about 15 minutes ago. The entire thing. And between the aforementioned pee party in J class, and the long-ago noted aspect of J class being cheapened - I agree. This thread is complete, we have come full circle, thank you everyone for flying with FlyerTalk's Shaves On A Plane Airlines. Please collect your item, stow your tray tables, and for the love of God - put your shoes back on.
Nothing wrong with shoes (not socks) off in pods. If you toss and turn in your sleep and you’re wearing shoes, you’ll probably spread all the germs from your shoes all over the seat.
Kishiwada likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC 100K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Marriott/SPG (Bonvoy?) Gold Elite/HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by yyztozag
Nothing wrong with shoes (not socks) off in pods. If you toss and turn in your sleep and you’re wearing shoes, you’ll probably spread all the germs from your shoes all over the seat.
Especially if said shoes were inadvertently contaminated by stepping into the J lav and a pool of someone’s urine from when they completely missed (as was the case last week back from Europe).

Thankfully I hadn’t yet closed the lav door so couldn’t be tagged with this offence, and the cabin crew were awesome about mopping and disinfecting things, and sparing some extra gloves and wipes so I could decontaminate my left shoe.

I think after the 4th Lysol wipe down I felt satisfied I was no longer carrying someone’s bio matter 🤮

Moral of the story is look before you step
yyztozag and Kishiwada like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I wish, although at the same time "legs from Y to J class" is an odd compliment to give a person. They were last row, we were second last. A lovely flight otherwise, but Ma'am. Plz.

I have a friend who is hardcore into points/churning, and when she'd heard I was looking to use some eUps before they expired she emailed me a spreadsheet of available flights that would suffice for the 20 or so that I'd lose by 12/31. I had to laugh, then completely let her down by saying our budget was a little more English Bay, and a little less Amalfi Coast. Maybe next year!
Curious, but does your "points/churning" friend have status with AC?
I think I posted upthread somewhere when someone did the whole sticking feet out thing but in Y... and when they did that, their foot actually pushed my elbow further forward on my armrest. I'm sure there are RCHHMP types that will say that people sticking their feet out like that are the in the right. Well, at least to troll like they do.
Nice to hear that you were able to burn your eups!
Old Aug 30, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K/Star Alliance Gold, Accor Gold, base level Marriott/Hyatt/Hilton
Originally Posted by doubleflier
Especially if said shoes were inadvertently contaminated by stepping into the J lav and a pool of someone’s urine from when they completely missed (as was the case last week back from Europe).

Thankfully I hadn’t yet closed the lav door so couldn’t be tagged with this offence, and the cabin crew were awesome about mopping and disinfecting things, and sparing some extra gloves and wipes so I could decontaminate my left shoe.

I think after the 4th Lysol wipe down I felt satisfied I was no longer carrying someone’s bio matter 🤮

Moral of the story is look before you step
This is why I try and put on the mattress pad/cover on as soon as I get to my seat. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure I was the only pax without a hoodie style one last week.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by doubleflier
The aft J port lav on AC 101 (789) over a week ago... when I entered, not only was there urine all over the floor, but also on the toilet seat. I should've taken a picture because it was almost impossible to believe that nobody lifted the seat to take their leak... and it seemed they made no effort to aim. I wonder if any piss even made into the bowl itself. I had a hunch on who did it. The pee was very fresh.
I was thinking of alerting the crew of the disgusting mess, but believe it or not, I wiped it off myself before I did my business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.