Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:14 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
AC does fly to Kingston Jamaica.

But Windsor Jamaica is over two and half hours away by car.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Nov 18, 2019 at 11:14 am Reason: My little i.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
AC does fly to Kingston Jamaica.

But Windsor Jamaica is over two and half hours away by car.
I was close to Windsor, Jamaica two weeks ago when I visited Falmouth. Falmouth Nova Scotia is also close to Windsor NS, but the only Windsor that AC flies to is in Ontario.

So ends your geography lesson for today.

Your teacher - Cliff Claven (lets see if anyone under 50 gets that reference.
24left likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Why do people feel the need to smash the IFE screen so hard it moves the seat 2 inches?

It’s a “touch” screen. Not a mechanical typewriter.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by yyckerr
Why do people feel the need to smash the IFE screen so hard it moves the seat 2 inches?

It’s a “touch” screen. Not a mechanical typewriter.
Well, if someone insists on fully reclining their seats and then pushes back to try to make it recline even farther, then I might be inclined to press a little harder and a little more frequently on the screen....

hypothetically speaking
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Well, if someone insists on fully reclining their seats and then pushes back to try to make it recline even farther, then I might be inclined to press a little harder and a little more frequently on the screen....

hypothetically speaking
Completely different conversation.

I never recline my seat. It’s antisocial behaviour.
canopus27 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller

hypothetically speaking
Originally Posted by yyckerr
Completely different conversation.

I never recline my seat. It’s antisocial behaviour.
Perhaps that's why they did away with seatback IFE on Rouge. Great improvement on customer experience as you can't feel anyone poking the back of your seat and no one can really recline anyway. Two birds with one stone.
yyckerr, 24left and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:03 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by skybluesea
and poking often happens when the IFE alignment is off, so pushing on the screen does NOTHING, until I figure out that I must poke on the screen nearby (and admit it folks, this is common problem)
Just ask the FA to reset your screen. Fixes it. No need to get the hammer out.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete
yyckerr likes this.

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:03 pm
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
AC15 has passengers walking about the cabin and using the lavs while the aircraft is taxiing.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
AC15 has passengers walking about the cabin and using the lavs while the aircraft is taxiing.
This happens all the time (not just AC15)... did the SD and other crew (where necessary) not make extra announcement(s)?
Old Dec 13, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Guy sitting in 4F on 306 tonight keeps making phone calls ( Wi-Fi ) and it’s annoying as hell sitting beside him. FA’s don’t even care either.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Poking the IFE screen is not necessarily antisocial or ill-mannered behaviour. The old system is so archaic that some finger force is required simply to select options. There is a civilized method by which to apply that pressure (gently, not stabby), but I'd deflect most of the blame from passengers and instead towards the Thales designers and the airline folks who accepted the product in the first place.

In another note, kudos to the older gentleman on 569 a couple nights ago who rose from his rear-cabin seat as the plane turned onto the lead-in line towards the gate, and shuffled to the front of the plane prior to wheels being chocked. He received some death-stares and a half-hearted finger-wag from the FA, but succeeded in disembarking first (from his row 20-something assignment).
Watching the fellow passenger frustration was amusing as he s-l-o-w-l-y ambled his way up the middle of the narrow jetbridge, preventing others from passing until reaching the concourse.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: Air Canada E50K, FB Gold
Passenger next to me gets way too drunk on the way to Rome. Passes out and is quiet.

Wakes up to pee but we’re about 10 seconds from touching down.

The reaction from the FA’s was priceless.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Guy sitting in 4F on 306 tonight keeps making phone calls ( Wi-Fi ) and it’s annoying as hell sitting beside him. FA’s don’t even care either.
Did you inform the FA?

If I were actually being bothered by something that is explicitly mentioned on every flight as being against the rules, I imagine I'd inform the FA. Though I'm not sure that a voice call would be more annoying than a conversation with your neighbor, which I have no issue with.

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Poking the IFE screen is not necessarily antisocial or ill-mannered behaviour. The old system is so archaic that some finger force is required simply to select options. There is a civilized method by which to apply that pressure (gently, not stabby), but I'd deflect most of the blame from passengers and instead towards the Thales designers and the airline folks who accepted the product in the first place.

In another note, kudos to the older gentleman on 569 a couple nights ago who rose from his rear-cabin seat as the plane turned onto the lead-in line towards the gate, and shuffled to the front of the plane prior to wheels being chocked. He received some death-stares and a half-hearted finger-wag from the FA, but succeeded in disembarking first (from his row 20-something assignment).
Watching the fellow passenger frustration was amusing as he s-l-o-w-l-y ambled his way up the middle of the narrow jetbridge, preventing others from passing until reaching the concourse.
I would have said "excuse me" before pushing through him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.