Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
To answer the question about why people have coats in the airport and don't pack them in their carry-on etc....

Answer: they don't think about these things. Either they don't fly enough to know how to pack, how to airport and how to load an OH bin so that we can all be happy campers and have some space, even if limited, or they don't care.

I would never put a coat or jacket in checked bag. Like others, I put on my seat or I put it in my carry-on which I did on this trip. I saw others who had theirs on their seat. Figuring this out should not require a post-graduate degree.

Also in the OH IFE show are still those people who, as mentioned above, manage to board with bags that are too big for the bins, which in turn, slows down boarding as they and sometimes a FA play the game of how to fit the bag in the bin.

Not sure what to do with those who are not clueless, but selfish.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:47 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I always wear my coat in the airport.
By doing so I am neither right or wrong ..... as some people think one is correct and the other is not.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
I don't understand why one would put one's coat in an overhead bin, when surely one can simply instruct the crew to hang it neatly in the closet where it won't get crushed.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by RZR
I always wear my coat in the airport.
By doing so I am neither right or wrong ..... as some people think one is correct and the other is not.
It isn't about the coat at the airport, it is about how people are stuffing their heavy coats into bins when they can either put them on their seat, put them in their carry-on or in a bag on the floor.

Originally Posted by nolens volans
I don't understand why one would put one's coat in an overhead bin, when surely one can simply instruct the crew to hang it neatly in the closet where it won't get crushed.
Ah, because closets have been removed on many aircraft to make way for more seats. I seen light overcoats hanging in the front closet in J, but no closets in Y that I can recall and that's where the big space problem is now, especially in winter.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Seems silly that passengers wear their winter coats/jackets onto the plane and then try and take it off at the seat like trying to get out of a strait jacket. Take off your coats so you dont hold up boarding by clogging the aisle. Maybe the GA should make that announcement. And also for the 737Max that bags fit vertically.
And maybe time your washroom visit just before you board the plane so you dont have to swim upstream when boarding is in process.
On a recent flight my seatmate did all of the above. Sat down in the middle seat after stowing his bag sideways. Then got up and in the asile to take off his jacket and stow it overhead. Sat back down and then got up to go to the washroom in the rear.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm traveling tomorrow. My coat is in my carry-on.

Why on earth would you be wearing a coat through the airport?
Depends on the coat and where you are going. If I am Flying YEG to YWG in winter, darn right I am bringing my coat on board and there's no way that coat fits in my small carry on.

In J, there are closets to hang coat.
Fizzer and CatTshirt like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by vernonc
Seems silly that passengers wear their winter coats/jackets onto the plane and then try and take it off at the seat like trying to get out of a strait jacket. Take off your coats so you dont hold up boarding by clogging the aisle. Maybe the GA should make that announcement. And also for the 737Max that bags fit vertically.
And maybe time your washroom visit just before you board the plane so you dont have to swim upstream when boarding is in process.
On a recent flight my seatmate did all of the above. Sat down in the middle seat after stowing his bag sideways. Then got up and in the asile to take off his jacket and stow it overhead. Sat back down and then got up to go to the washroom in the rear.
I trust you did the reasonable thing and punched this person directly in the mouth.
CZAMFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Low Roller
And then there is the fun on landing as people try to swim against the current to get their bags out of bins behind them rather than waiting until the aisle clears.
This is something that really bugs me. Some people just don't think.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by nolens volans
Not everyone flies J.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
2F and 3C boarded early, and laid claim to 3D/3F without request or apology.
tecate55 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by RangerNS
2F and 3C boarded early, and laid claim to 3D/3F without request or apology.
Was one of those your seat?
I've had this happen on UA where they board GS before everybody, they were seated in my seat..but at least they were quite nice to me about it and I was fine to change to another seat so the two could sit together.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by james dean
Was one of those your seat?
It's why I know and care.

A couple wanting to sit together is understandable. Which is why they have assigned seats.

What is strange is they *both* changed seats in a 2x2. Totally indifferent to seat assignments. This triggered a cascade.

FA now has half the cabin in different places.

​​​​​​heading to a stormy yhz in a 320, Im feeling fortunate I have extensive dental records.
lallied, Bohemian1 and tecate55 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
I'm going to pre-emptively call out bad behaviour on the person who booked a preferred middle seat beside me for my flight on Monday morning, as opposed to taking anyone of the multitude of empty aisle or windows, or for that matter, empty rows, further back. You'd really rather be jammed into 12B/E and irritate your seatmates for the extra 2" of legroom than have an aisle or middle seat somewhere in row 20-25? With any amount of careful planning, you'll get at least an empty middle beside you. But now, I get to deal with you instead.

Seriously, who does this? The flight is nowhere near full.

And yes, I am entitled and self-centred. And became very comfortable with both those facts a long time ago, so no need to point them out to me...
Yes, I would prefer the extra legroom, earlier boarding and faster deplaning. The whines of the entitled and self-centered who are in a snit about not having an empty seat beside them are of little interest and absolutely no consequence.
Fizzer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:25 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I trust you did the reasonable thing and punched this person directly in the mouth.
OF course.... Imagine the nerve of someone getting up to go to the restroom..
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by RangerNS
​​​​​​heading to a stormy yhz in a 320, Im feeling fortunate I have extensive dental records.
Not stormy here in YHZ, should be smooth sailing....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.