Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Providing larger bins is like expanding a congested road: it will initially ease the lack of space, but then just as more cars will appear, so too will more & larger bags. Behavioral change is quite predictable. I hold zero faith in AC's ability to police those who grossly abuse the carry on limits.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Had the pleasure of sitting beside this guy last night flying back to YYZ from YUL.

He had an opinion on everything and was making sure the girl beside him heard it all. He did not shut up for one moment from prior to the door closing to getting off the plane.

Included classic timbits such as:

AC cancels flights if the are half full all the time to save money
WestJet never does that and so on.

I couldn't get my noise cancelling headphones and spotify running fast enough
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Had the pleasure of sitting beside this guy last night flying back to YYZ from YUL.

He had an opinion on everything and was making sure the girl beside him heard it all. He did not shut up for one moment from prior to the door closing to getting off the plane.

Maybe because I am older the grumpier these days but I would have shared my feedback about this person's opinions, directly in his face, followed by a shut the you know what, up.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:22 am

I laughed at timbits.
lcohen999 and 24left like this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Oops, sorry about that. Next time I'll talk louder.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Maybe because I am older the grumpier these days but I would have shared my feedback about this person's opinions, directly in his face, followed by a shut the you know what, up.
If I hadn't had such I long day, I would have
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Oops, sorry about that. Next time I'll talk louder.
!!

Everyone is entitled to have a conversation of an aircraft, one would think that reasonable noise levels would be used.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I laughed at timbits.
I could go in an edit it...

I am happy to leave it, as is
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
I could go in an edit it...

I am happy to leave it, as is
Leave It! The m looks way better than the d.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold

As far as I know, neither are true. In fact, having worked under WS for years, I know that they don't cancel very often, but frequently when they do it's got nothing to do with weather/maintenance etc. We had a day (I think it was Diwali) where we KNEW most of our staff was gonna call in sick. WS cancelled a bunch of flights that day to make things a bit easier for us. They took out a bunch of the superfluous feeder flights and consolidated them. So the flights coming in/out were heavier, but there was less of them. I've also known them to cancel flights in order to simply free up an aircraft from time to time. They'll have another aircraft in the region that MIGHT be mechanical, so they'll cancel something a little bit useless, park that plane and ferry it out if necessary, or swap it to upgauge something.

I'm not saying AC never does it, but I certainly haven't really seen that. I've been on some REALLY dead AC flights. Plus, if they did cancel a flight cuz it was dead and offered me some minor compensation depending on the level of inconvenience, I'd be fine with it. Don't waste the gas. Especially if I end up rebooked in a higher fare class .

!!

Everyone is entitled to have a conversation of an aircraft, one would think that reasonable noise levels would be used.
Just in case this isn't sarcasm...

Yes everyone is allowed to have a conversation, but a reasonable noise level is implied, and also one would hope it's not a 1-way conversation. When someone strikes up a convo with me that I want no part of, I'll nod and reply with 1 word until they get the hint, or if that doesn't work I'll just tell them I'm not into talking.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Just in case this isn't sarcasm...

Yes everyone is allowed to have a conversation, but a reasonable noise level is implied, and also one would hope it's not a 1-way conversation. When someone strikes up a convo with me that I want no part of, I'll nod and reply with 1 word until they get the hint, or if that doesn't work I'll just tell them I'm not into talking.
Yes, I was being sarcastic (shocker).

I try my best at being a blowhard but I always fail at that.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:18 am

I picked up on the sarcasm, not to worry
Old Nov 13, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
after bolting through FRA for a tight connection, i arrived to my empty row to see the OC completely full, the OC opposite me is only half full and there’s a purse that could easily be moved to make room for my backpack. So i ask the lady sitting if i May move her purse slightly so my bag could fit. And she started getting really aggressive saying that’s HER purse and how dare i want to move it. I couldn’t believe how selfish she was being (the purse itself was he size of a football).

later on a FA had to move a suitcase to that spot regardless and moved that purse so quickly.

Didnt matter much for me, I have a row to myself to stretch out and put my bags under the seats that I’m not sitting in.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

I would've thought it to be self-evident based on the thread title alone but after moving a number of posts there is some apparent confusion so please note that this thread is for people behaving poorly in-flight and for those flyers who are behaving poorly in an MLL those posts should be posted in this thread which is succinctly titled "Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL". Should anyone be unable to work out where they should post please contact a forum moderator.

tcook052
Ac forum Mod.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 13, 2017 at 8:20 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by tcook052
I would've thought it to be self-evident based on the thread title alone but after moving a number of posts there is some apparent confusion so please note that this thread is for people behaving poorly in-flight and for those flyers who are behaving poorly in an MLL those posts should be posted in this thread which is succinctly titled "Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL". Should anyone be unable to work out where they should post please contact a forum moderator.

tcook052
Ac forum Mod.
But, if they made the offending post about the MLL while flying from in-flight wifi would that not justify passengers behaving badly in-flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.