Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Codeshare flights not showing up Expedia but not on AC website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Can someone explain to me why I can book a AC/Asiana fare on Expedia, but can't find the same fare nor layover on the aircanada website. There are Asiana codeshare flights on the AC website but not the specific LAX layover one?

The Expedia one should still be one ticket right?

Last edited by the4ofus; Jun 3, 2015 at 10:54 am
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:28 am
alc

Just checking is Expedia showing as AC flight number or Asiana flight number.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the Asiana leg really a codeshare, or just booked under the Asiana number?

In the latter case, aircanada.com won't show it. Phoning AC, they may or may not issue the ticket. OTOH, Asiana might. Or not.

I had two similar instances recently, one with AC and BR. Neither would issue me the ticket, and I ended up buying through a TA.

I also bought a ticket through a TA that involved AC and NH. I could not buy it on either web site. Admittedly in that case, I did not try phoning either airline. AC actually does codeshare on the NH leg, but would only price at full J.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
sooooo.. whats the big deal? Just buy on Expedia.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

alc and stranger:

It's showing as 2 different airlines...so I guess not a codeshare? And I don't see it on Asiana either.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
sooooo.. whats the big deal? Just buy on Expedia.
Not a biggie...would just rather purchase direct.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
If you save a significant amount of money, book with Expedia. Just be aware there are several extra layers of hassle if you need to change or cancel.

You should be protected in the case of IROPS since the tickets were bought together.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 4:03 pm

Call AC or OZ reservations if you prefer to book direct, one or both of them should be able to sell you the same ticket.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:19 am
Original Poster

In the end I couldn't book on Expedia. They won't let you book a ticket for someone under 18. I found a good non-stop with Delta from DTW. A little further drive for us, but less stress overall. Thankyou!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the4ofus
In the end I couldn't book on Expedia. They won't let you book a ticket for someone under 18.

How would they know? Did you need to tell them? I do not recall ever having needed to provide DOB when buying a ticket.

Did you need to provide a correct date? I find Jan 1 1900 usually works OK.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by the4ofus
In the end I couldn't book on Expedia. They won't let you book a ticket for someone under 18. I found a good non-stop with Delta from DTW. A little further drive for us, but less stress overall. Thankyou!
you do not need to put DOB on a ticket to purchase...
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:56 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
You should be protected in the case of IROPS since the tickets were bought together.
Careful, I would just caution that sometimes OTAs will issue EOE (end-on-end) tickets if they price out cheaper - aka two separate tickets. If this is the case, if one airline experiences IRROPS you are not protected by either carrier as neither one will see the onward connection.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Careful, I would just caution that sometimes OTAs will issue EOE (end-on-end) tickets if they price out cheaper - aka two separate tickets. If this is the case, if one airline experiences IRROPS you are not protected by either carrier as neither one will see the onward connection.
Interesting. I thought only CWT did that ?

Would the TA then have an obligation to get you to your final destination?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
How would they know? Did you need to tell them? I do not recall ever having needed to provide DOB when buying a ticket.

Did you need to provide a correct date? I find Jan 1 1900 usually works OK.
You CANNOT buy a ticket for a minor under 18, without purchasing an adult ticket, on Expedia.ca or Travelocity.ca. This could be different with US sites. But both .ca sites required me to put in the birth date which then denied me continuing on. And I would never take a chance putting the wrong birth date on an airline document (or lie as a general rule).

I then tried to book tickets on Korean Air as they had ($300 fee) refundable tickets at a great price ($1038USD) but their stupid website wouldn't work....called...they told me the tickets at that price were only available online and to use Google Chrome...still didn't work. Which is a good thing because I then noticed Korean Air needs the credit card on check in, which could have been an issue if they wanted the CC for the ICN to Dtw portion.

So, after three hours of trying to book tickets somewhere..... I booked on Delta (same non-stop flight, as the Korean air flight was a Delta codeshare) for $1106USD but non-refundable. They cautioned me when I put his age but it allows you to proceed for a ticket for someone over 12 years old (don't quote on that).

So...it's all booked. He's leaving in a month. My daughter (not a minor) is leaving in two month and they are flying back early September.

Then my mom phones me this morning to tell me not to buy a ticket because of the MRSA outbreak...sigh............I have until tonight to cancel, so needless to say, I'm superstressed right now.

Last edited by the4ofus; Jun 4, 2015 at 10:56 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

If you save a significant amount of money, book with Expedia. Just be aware there are several extra layers of hassle if you need to change or cancel.

Yes, I always prefer to deal direct with the airline. Seems a more direct route when there's a problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.