Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is the MLL going to follow Turkish Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the MLL going to follow Turkish Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Sleeping rooms are useless for sleeping because of hardwood floors outside and number of people walking by.
The staff in heels no less ....

But its a nice nap if youre tired... Even accessible connecting from AC Y!

Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Going to discover in about a month how bad the UA lounge is in LAX. I got the locations of the *A lounge mixed up, I thought we could walk over to the *A lounge then back to terminal 7. Nope, its in the TBIT terminal, meaning we would have to go landside and check in all over again. Damm.
And this has anything to do with the TK lounge in IST how?

Perhaps if the lounge is bad, you should just hang out in the terminal
Old May 28, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Originally Posted by yulred
My favourite features of the lounge are the food and the lockers (a real great feature).
YES! Lockers are such a simple (and relatively cheap to implement) amenity. I can't figure out why more airlines don't offer them.

Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
Don't forget that if AC continues to expand the limo offering in YYZ (and would add YVR & YUL), they do top TK in one major regard.
What limo offering? Have I somehow missed this?
Old May 28, 2015, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Arcanum
What limo offering? Have I somehow missed this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rvice-yyz.html
Old May 28, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
9 hr layover in IST in Dec. My issue is yyz-IST all in J, then I only have Y from IST-CGK , wife and son in J but it's all paid J via Aeroplan.
call TK and confirm. you get free hotel in IST if you have a 7 hr layover in J, and 10 hours in Y.

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...rvice-requests
Old May 28, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
9 hr layover in IST in Dec. My issue is yyz-IST all in J, then I only have Y from IST-CGK , wife and son in J but it's all paid J via Aeroplan.
award tickets are not paid J, they are free tickets. unfortunately it should not matter for TK whether you are on award or revenue. there are also rules around the hotel stays, it has to be the next available flight not available within that time, not a forced layover
Old May 29, 2015, 5:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
I might just pay for a short term stay in the old city and get a cab there and back. I've read about the free hotel, but my Y seat messes things up and besides it takes TK time to get enough people corralled and vouchers issued. Not to mention there are only 1-2 people manning the desk.
Old May 29, 2015, 8:56 am

I might just pay for a short term stay in the old city and get a cab there and back. I've read about the free hotel, but my Y seat messes things up and besides it takes TK time to get enough people corralled and vouchers issued. Not to mention there are only 1-2 people manning the desk.
$60 USD e-VISA for Canadian @@

4 TL for Metro (M1) and transfer to Tram (T1) to Sultanahmet
T1 is always always crowded, be prepared

Private shuttle is ~$20 Euro one-way
Shared shuttle is like $5 Euro/person one-way
Old May 29, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
The $60USDx3 isn't fun. I'll have to check out the weather forecast beforehand. Rain and 8c and I'm using a PP lounge or airside hotel. My flight leaves at 1:10am so I don't imagine having an issue getting back. Not sure I feel like hitting public transit, I don't use it in TO. I am saving big on our dive trip given I paid up @ 1.33Euro vs 1.55Euros when I put the deposit down so spending a few $ extra for a cab&hotel is within the budget.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.