Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred seats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by martyYOW
I think this is one case where they should follow the lead of US carriers and open them up to Altitude members at check in. I'd rather a 25k get the seat than a non-status passenger on a cheap tango fare.

But then P25's will never pay for the preferred seat...and neither will E35's. They'll just buy tango fares knowing their chances at the gate would be very high.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CanRulez
But then P25's will never pay for the preferred seat...and neither will E35's. They'll just buy tango fares knowing their chances at the gate would be very high.
How many of them are paying for them now? Set some limits. Maybe only 35k or higher, only dom/ tb. But I still think the seat should go to a status passenger before it goes to a once a year traveler on Tango.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
How many of them are paying for them now? Set some limits. Maybe only 35k or higher, only dom/ tb. But I still think the seat should go to a status passenger before it goes to a once a year traveler on Tango.
agreed. Especially on shorthaul flights very few people pay for preferred seats to begin with. At T24 I almost always see the majority of preferred seats unselected. Most likely those that are taken were by status members that got them for free. Trying to get one at the gate has worked a bit but often times they've already been given out to tango fliers.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
If you give the once a year Tango flyer a taste of the "better" life...er seat...then who knows, they may end up paying for the seat next time.

If you always give it for free to the P25, or E35, they'll never pay because they know how the system works.

Not only that but all the SE's will complains their privileges have been diluted.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by CanRulez
If you give the once a year Tango flyer a taste of the "better" life...er seat...then who knows, they may end up paying for the seat next time.

If you always give it for free to the P25, or E35, they'll never pay because they know how the system works.

Not only that but all the SE's will complains their privileges have been diluted.
Those tango fliers will just keep showing up without a seat in order to sit up front. I know plenty of people who do that even with the risk of being bumped. Anyways I really liked the old rule of free bulkhead seats. That leaves the other preferred rows and exit rows for the SEs who book last minute ^

Anyways this discussion has been had before. Obviously AC doesn't think our opinion is valid as tango fliers are still taking up the front of the cabin. If only they cared about us bottom feeder status members.

Last edited by YHZ_Flyer; Feb 4, 2017 at 8:58 am
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:57 am

As an E75 I feet free preferred seats, but I notice for transborder with the family I have to pay for seating in general. I called in and was assigned seats for free. However non-preffered seats.

My question is, can I get preferred seats for everyone on the same ticket as me?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
As an E75 I feet free preferred seats, but I notice for transborder with the family I have to pay for seating in general. I called in and was assigned seats for free. However non-preffered seats.

My question is, can I get preferred seats for everyone on the same ticket as me?
Yes you can. Seems like a website glitch.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Are the majority of Tango flyers aware that they have a chance to get the preferred seats at the gate. I'm sure that most just expect to get whatever is assigned to them.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Yes you can. Seems like a website glitch.
Great, so if the AC phone agent says no, just HUCA?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:23 am

Great, so if the AC phone agent says no, just HUCA?
Yup thats what you've got to do. We've booked tickets many times for multiple family members on the same PNR and never have trouble getting the free preferred seats. The policy hasn't changed so just HUCA.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

What fare class?

E75K only gets free preferred seats in Flex.

For Tango/Aeroplan, they're not free. That's only for SE.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
What fare class?

E75K only gets free preferred seats in Flex.

For Tango/Aeroplan, they're not free. That's only for SE.
Thanks for the reminder. Was about to call once I got to work.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC*50K
50% Discount on Preferred Seats

My privileges (as 50K) include:

"With the purchase of an eligible fare, enjoy a 50% discount on Preferred Seats, which offer extra legroom, on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge. This privilege applies to you and your travel companion(s) when travelling on the same booking."

I booked a flight YYZ-PRG on a flight pass (booking class V). Preferred seats where listed as $50. this seems to be the regular price for such a seat -- not at 50%. I'm I missing something?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YFCacademic

"With the purchase of an eligible fare, enjoy a 50% discount on Preferred Seats, which offer extra legroom, on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge. This privilege applies to you and your travel companion(s) when travelling on the same booking."

I booked a flight YYZ-PRG on a flight pass (booking class V). Preferred seats where listed as $50. this seems to be the regular price for such a seat -- not at 50%. I'm I missing something?
Where did you see $50? TATL price is $100 on mainline and while I’ve not done it Rouge I’ve paid $40 for 4h in Rouge so am sure you’re seeing the discount there.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by YFCacademic

$50 for a preferred seat on a TATL is definitely a reduced price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.