Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rouge exit row 19 warning

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by DistressedAssetInvestor
Paid $42 to put a friend into 19F thinking it was exit row. (YYZ - LAS) Well that was money down the drain.
19F is a Preferred seat on the majority of the fleet.

If it is not on your friend's flight, the booking shows that an additional amount was paid for a Preferred seat, ring in and ask to be reassigned (as I did), or ask for a refund.

Last edited by bpmsmith; May 22, 2015 at 2:08 pm Reason: comment on 19F
Old May 23, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yscleo
Maybe you think you didn't say that, but this is what Mauricio23 said:

AC is happily pocketing more money from those who thought they are paying for a better seat.
So, do you need a second explanatory post about what I said, or will the first one suffice?
Old May 24, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yvr76
This is happening because AC is swapping J on the rouge 319s with proper 2x2 (from the former 3x3 with the middle seat blocked). Row 4 is becoming 12 and everything is shifting back.

My wife and her Mom were seated together in row 4 and just got reassigned to different seats on their flight. I called in and agent said they can't do anything since all the preferred seats are gone.
Closing the loop on this. I called back and got an agent that was willing to dig a bit deeper. Since the previous row 12 and row 13, he moved the pax back one row (keeping their original selection on the aircraft), and was able to restore Mrs. YVR and her Mom's original seat selection. ^

As stated upthread, if anyone is on an upcoming rouge+ seat on a 319, check your preferred seat selection. If you booked on the old config, row 4 is now row 12, and the exit row now 19.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
So, do you need a second explanatory post about what I said, or will the first one suffice?
Most people know what they said. But in your case it looked like you didn't. It was for your benefit to re-quote what you said.

A lot of people don't like rough rogue, especially the underhanded way AC switched people in them, or charged the same mainline price or reward points, for an inferior product.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by yvr76
Closing the loop on this. I called back and got an agent that was willing to dig a bit deeper. Since the previous row 12 and row 13, he moved the pax back one row (keeping their original selection on the aircraft), and was able to restore Mrs. YVR and her Mom's original seat selection. ^

As stated upthread, if anyone is on an upcoming rouge+ seat on a 319, check your preferred seat selection. If you booked on the old config, row 4 is now row 12, and the exit row now 19.
Thanks @YVR76 - so I was on an old config where the exit row was row 18 but AC website is showing that as row 19 - new config. How does one tell which config your aircraft will have?

Amazingly, I have yet another rouge flight coming up from LAX-YVR this week and I don't trust that seat 19A is an exit row

Are you saying that if I call in the agents can figure this out?
Old May 24, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yvr_amm
Thanks @YVR76 - so I was on an old config where the exit row was row 18 but AC website is showing that as row 19 - new config. How does one tell which config your aircraft will have?

Amazingly, I have yet another rouge flight coming up from LAX-YVR this week and I don't trust that seat 19A is an exit row

Are you saying that if I call in the agents can figure this out?
Well interestingly AC has removed the different layouts from their rouge 319 fleet map:
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html

But then they reference layouts 1,2, and 3. Not sure if they're planning on doing away with the all Y rouge configs or not.

Basically any rouge 319 that has J and also row 4 is the old config. The reconfigured 2x2 319s have rows 1 to 3 as J, then it goes straight to row 12 (rouge+), and then 19A would be the exit seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.