Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Allowance Question?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Baggage Allowance Question?

I am flying BCN-FRA-YYZ-YYT in April with the BCN-FRA segment on LH. As an Altitude member, will my checked baggage allowance apply even though I'll have to check in at an LH counter? The flights were purchased on a single ticket that was issued by AC.

Cheers,
marke190
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:06 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
MSC rule

the rule here is that whoever is the most significant carrier on the ticket is the baggage policy which applies. In your case this is the airline who flies you across the Atlantic (who owns the plane regardless of whether you booked a codeshare).

Of course as an Altitude member you're entitled to increased baggage as a star alliance silver or gold. If the increased allowance from LH due to your elite status covers you then you're golden. Otherwise you may have to ask for a manager to get the correct baggage allowance processed.

Can someone else confirm their experience? I've read this on FT elsewhere but haven't lived it yet.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
As a BAEC Silver (OW Sapphire), I get increased baggage allowance on UL and QR. I have not yet availed myself of my recent *A Gold status with A3, but soon will fly on Copa (CM) so will find out what happens..

On OW flights I do not always get the same extra baggage allowance as with BA (two 32 kg bags).

I usually fly economy. The suggestion to speak with the station manager will sort things for you. Sometimes staff at the counter get confused with ALL the rules...

In addition different airlines apply rules differently. For example, CX applies the OW Sapphire differently than UL, QR and QF. Best to ask the station mgr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.