Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Important information regarding the carrier surcharge (YQ only) waiver on awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important information regarding the carrier surcharge (YQ only) waiver on awards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

https://www4.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...745_2015_03_01

As part of the new Air Canada Altitude privileges effective March 01, 2015, the ClassicFlight Reward carrier surcharges (YQ only) will be waived for all Air Canada Altitude members for travel within Canada and between Canada and the U.S. This is applicable on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge.

Furthermore, the ClassicFlight Reward carrier surcharges (YQ only) will be waived for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K members for travel between Canada and other international destinations. This is applicable on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge.

If you are an Air Canada Altitude member making an eligible ClassicFlight Reward booking which includes a child, please note that due to technical difficulties you may be charged the carrier YQ surcharge. However, you may complete your booking and the surcharge will be automatically refunded within 3 business days. You will also receive a new itinerary receipt showing the adjustment within that same period. There is no need to contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre to request the refund.

Rest assured that we are diligently working towards a quick resolution. Should you require additional assistance, you can contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:51 am

so want to clarify, Altitude members = at least Prestige 25K and above
https://altitude.aircanada.com/status/overview

the ClassicFlight Reward carrier surcharges (YQ only) will be waived for all Air Canada Altitude members for travel within Canada and between Canada and the U.S. This is applicable on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada rouge.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: E50 MM
A general question about this...does the Altitude member need to be part of the travelling party? Or is the YQ waived as long as the member who makes the reservation is an Altitude member?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
Of course, as I suspected, YQ is waived but it seems increasingly difficult to get a simple non-stop itinerary now even for shorthaul. Trying to find something from YYC to YZF and lots of 15h+ itineraries. AE is a complete and utter SCAM!!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I stand corrected. I took some additional sample dates and there seems to be similar availability of flight options as when YQ was charged. Still many aspects of the program that I don't like.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC*SE, CX*G, Priority Pass, NEXUS, Accor Plat, Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm now seeing a "Carrier Surcharge" field where one had not existed for several months. It's a fairly nominal amount compared to what's usually there for non-SE, e.g. $30 for YYZ-LHR return, but I'm wondering what this is if it's not YQ? I assume people are on the hook for this?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:19 pm
alc

Originally Posted by mac84
I'm now seeing a "Carrier Surcharge" field where one had not existed for several months. It's a fairly nominal amount compared to what's usually there for non-SE, e.g. $30 for YYZ-LHR return, but I'm wondering what this is if it's not YQ? I assume people are on the hook for this?
I recalled a recent thread explain that NAVCAN ($15 each way, I think) is group under Carrier Surcharge" line. Hence your YYZ-LHR round trip will trigger the NAVCAN charge twice, therefore the $30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.