Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How will AC treat a delay of a connecting non-AC flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

I'm planning a trip that has one leg on Air Canada, and another on a partner airline. I will be redeeming all flights with Aeroplan as a single itinerary.

On my return flight, the non-AC route is notorious for weather related delays, and there is only 4 hours between the arrival of that flight and the departure of the last AC flight of the day to my eventual destination. I will book the last available flight to give myself more time in case there is a delay, but not a huge one, but how much trouble will AC give me in case I need to reschedule for next day?

With that in mind, would I need to contact Air Canada or Aeroplan to change the flight if needed? Would they make me pay extra for that and would they give me hassle about availability if, for example, there are no reward seats left on the next flight?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:29 pm

Welcome to FT

AC is responsible to get you to your final destination meaning they should rebook you in the same cabin at no extra charge.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that sounds reassuring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.