Wiki Posts
Search

Baby born in YYZ domestic MLL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM
Baby born in YYZ domestic MLL

Son just texted that a baby was born in the YYZ domestic MLL washroom. I hope that kid gets free E50K status for life. What are the chances?

(Apparently that was the explanation for why there are no drinks and no glasses there)
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Geoflying
Son just texted that a baby was born in the YYZ domestic MLL washroom. I hope that kid gets free E50K status for life. What are the chances?

(Apparently that was the explanation for why there are no drinks and no glasses there)
What was that woman doing trying to fly that close to term? I wonder if she was past 36 weeks. As far as E50K for life...I highly doubt it. It would seriously cheapen the J cabin if he/she started flying early in life. Wahhhh Wahhh you get the idea

"Pregnant women travelling by air

A woman with a normal pregnancy and no previous history of premature labour may travel up to and including her 36th week on Air Canada and Jazz."

--
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ant-child.html

--

Edited:

Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
Yes. ^^^

Edit II:

Originally Posted by yyj9
Hope the mom and baby are ok, as well as anyone else travelling with them. I can't think of anything more scarey to have to go through.
+1

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Feb 22, 2015 at 5:40 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:00 pm

This post belongs here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1650532-biggest-pet-peeve-mll.html

Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AC 100KSE
Hope the mom and baby are ok, as well as anyone else travelling with them. I can't think of anything more scarey to have to go through.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:38 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by yyj9
At least they were in a area where emergency services are close and can help. Can imagine a gazillion more scary not-in-hospital birth scenarios than this one to be honest (like in flight for example).
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
She may not have been at term. Better in MLL where paramedics can attend than in the air.

Hope mom and baby are ok.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Hope everyone is ok as well.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE
http://www.cp24.com/news/baby-born-a...bour-1.2248134
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Crazy! Hope everything is well with mom and the baby. Must not have been her first baby since it happened so quickly.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I hope they name the baby something special to commemorate their birthplace, like Lester or Maple or Lounge.

I think 25-30 years ago a lady gave birth to her daughter in her Toyota Celica. So she named her kid Celica.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
There was a baby born on the plane, and immediate has 5 nationalities -- from mom, dad, departure country, arrival country, and the country where the plane was flying over.

Wonder if you can get any more than that.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
If it had been born in the transborder MLL, would it have been considered U.S. soil?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by yscleo
There was a baby born on the plane, and immediate has 5 nationalities -- from mom, dad, departure country, arrival country, and the country where the plane was flying over.

Wonder if you can get any more than that.
If the parents had dual citizenship, up to 7...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
If it had been born in the transborder MLL, would it have been considered U.S. soil?
No.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by UA1K_no_more
Even in transborder preclearance, you're still on Canadian soil. You're subject to the preclearance act and are free to withdraw your application for entry at any time. There are Canadian mounties stationed close by who are ready to make an arrest subject to Canadian laws.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.