Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Will AC web site ever give combined multi-segment fares on a reliable basis?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

Through UA web site, if one books from A to C as separate A to B flight, and B to C flight (ie multi-segment flights), one gets (at least in my experience) a combined fare.

With the AC web site, if the exact combination of flights I want does not come up, and if I then try to book the 2 flights as 2 separate connecting flights (eg YOW to YYZ and then YYZ to YVR), I have always had the web site add up the separate fares.

Will this every change?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Be careful what you wish for. I recently booked three legs on UA through their website. I priced it as a multi-city and received a fare. Just before purchase their website had issues and I had to re-start. Out of curiosity I priced it as three separate tickets at that point. It was cheaper than the multi-city. just because the website does it doesn't make it better.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 172pilot
Be careful what you wish for. I recently booked three legs on UA through their website. I priced it as a multi-city and received a fare. Just before purchase their website had issues and I had to re-start. Out of curiosity I priced it as three separate tickets at that point. It was cheaper than the multi-city. just because the website does it doesn't make it better.

If I want to go from YOW to YVR via YYZ (on 2 connecting flights) - the AC web site (whether tango, flex, latitude, discounted or full fare business class) will give you combined fares on some of those flights; if you were to enter those exact same flights as 2 separate multi-segment flights, the fares of those 2 segments would be added, not combined.

For the few times I have gone through a similar procedure on the UA web site, I have never seen the fares of the individual connecting flights added; always combined.
Old May 30, 2015, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

One can get combined fares with Google Flight Search/ITA Matrix.

The question is if I can find that combined fare there, can it link me directly to the aircanada.com web site - so I can buy the fare. I would prefer to find an itinerary and fare that I like on those web site(s), and then directly book on-line, rather than calling an AC reservations agent, or a travel agent?
Old May 30, 2015, 5:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
One can get combined fares with Google Flight Search/ITA Matrix.

The question is if I can find that combined fare there, can it link me directly to the aircanada.com web site - so I can buy the fare. I would prefer to find an itinerary and fare that I like on those web site(s), and then directly book on-line, rather than calling an AC reservations agent, or a travel agent?
There's a script to let you purchase an ITA-priced itin from AC.com, but it's in USD
Old May 30, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by pewpew
There's a script to let you purchase an ITA-priced itin from AC.com, but it's in USD
Where do you find this?
Old May 30, 2015, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Where do you find this?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...serscript.html
Old May 30, 2015, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Does that mean that this is only applicable to United and Delta airlines?
Old May 30, 2015, 8:54 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Does that mean that this is only applicable to United and Delta airlines?
Try using it. If your question isn't answered, I'll tell you
Old Jun 2, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by pewpew
Negative. It prices out in CAD for me.

I was even able to have it price out a SN CPH-BRU flight in CAD on the aircanada.com website (not codeshare) with no other legs in the booking. Didn't try ticketing, but got to the payment page with it.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Just to add to YXXFlyer's comment, if you change the script in the user settings for the "acEdition," you can have it redirect the script link to whichever AC site you want. It's the US site by default but you can change to CA and get it to price in CAD.

Or you could leave the script as-is, copy the AC link to a text editor and change location to CA from US; paste the link into your browser and you'll get the Canadian website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.