Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

J and Y food - what do you keep, what do you change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J and Y food - what do you keep, what do you change?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
The rack of lamb is almost always very nicely cooked, and tasty. I'd like to see that kept. The beef is almost always to dry. If it were more rare I'd go for it, but Ive given up. And please keep the Miss Vickie's plain.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PLeblond

Change the name of the beef from Tenderloin to Pot Roast. Its actually pretty good, but you can't call it steak when it tastes like braised beef. (That being said, braised beef short-ribs would be great, and easy to prepare/keep for in-flight meals).
Is that meat really tenderloin, or a shoe sole?

I would rather have them serve a decent steak and get the crews not to overcook it and be able to do it reasonably rare than rename it "braised beef."

Occasionally on overseas flights you get a crew that is able to do it. Most just tellyou, "it's already cooked, nothing I can do." And don't try.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I always look forward to the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I use it to with my bread instead of butter.
Not a bad idea, but I need it for the salad. The balsamic vinaigrette is way above crappy commercial dressings. Keep it, please.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Academic
And please keep the Miss Vickie's plain.
Don't worry, the inferior, bland flavour will stay. I'll never get my way. Tyranny of the masses!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by After Burner
Don't worry, the inferior, bland flavour will stay. I'll never get my way. Tyranny of the masses!
Inferior flavour? Please.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I always look forward to the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I use it to with my bread instead of butter.

This is a great hack and should go into Dorian's thread if it hasn't been put there. I never thought to do that. Silly me, but an awesome thing since I can't have dairy, so butter is out so this will help. thanks!! ^
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:40 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
This is a great hack and should go into Dorian's thread if it hasn't been put there. I never thought to do that. Silly me, but an awesome thing since I can't have dairy, so butter is out so this will help. thanks!! ^
Dude, where have you been?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Dude, where have you been?
In Y.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC*E50K
Ditch that ugly Musclun salad, or whatever it is. If not, for the love of god, change the balsamic dressing already.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYTFog
Ditch that ugly Musclun salad, or whatever it is. If not, for the love of god, change the balsamic dressing already.
Sorry but I disagree. On both accounts. Mesclun is fine if fresh. Balsamic is the civilized way to season it.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
J:
- Introduce a second choice of ice cream - e.g. chocolate
- Introduce a hot snack (e.g. instant noodles) in addition to the chips/chocolates offered. Just add hot water.

Y:
- Introduce better, healthier and proper hot "dinners" in a tray - e.g. veggies, brown rice, beef. Much better than the pizzas or macaroni and cheese, which have horrible presentation, greasy, gets everything messy.
- Introduce a quick garbage collection service to clear trays earlier. Maybe need to do two rounds. Really annoying to get stuck in your seat without being able to clear the table.
- Get rid of the plastic wrap and use foil wrap on containers. Take off the foil wrap before handing the food over. The plastic wrap makes the food look like crap, has way too much condensation, makes a mess.
- Use reusable plastic cups with handles like CX, AF, LH or SA.

Both:
- Introduce fanta orange on board. It's already in lounges.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Academic
The rack of lamb is almost always very nicely cooked, and tasty. I'd like to see that kept. The beef is almost always to dry. If it were more rare I'd go for it, but Ive given up. And please keep the Miss Vickie's plain.
Not for me. When I had the rack of lamb it was so tough, couldn't even cut it with the supplied knife.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:31 pm

Introduce this dish please....

Braised lamb on SAA. So tender, so good.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I actually really like the regular Miss Vickie's chips
I like those, the salt and vinegar, and the jalapeņo.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
In Y.
I read your comment on the crapper and laughed-coughed so hard it pushed the log out. Curiously it looked like the beef tenderoin. Thanks friend! ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.