Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

J and Y food - what do you keep, what do you change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J and Y food - what do you keep, what do you change?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Change the salad dressing - or at least offer a choice!
+1 Ditto.

This is why I NEVER use that dressing. I simply toss the unopened vial (of vile!) into my finished plate once done. I eat the salad "as-is"... and frankly it tastes ok without any of that vile dressing (in a vial!)
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I always look forward to the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I use it to with my bread instead of butter.

Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I always look forward to the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. I use it to with my bread instead of butter.

Oh right! I forgot about that. I used to do that, but stopped eating the cr@p bread.

WHICH REMINDS ME...

100% CHANGE THE BREAD OFFERINGS SYSTEM WIDE EXCEPT FOR THE PUMPKIN SEED BREAD. HELLO AC CAN YOU ACTUALLY WARM THE BREAD UP AND ACTUALLY HAVE SOFT BREAD THAT I CAN'T USE AS A NIGHT STICK?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since I don't eat AC's garbage bread... I use the butter in my veggies or potatoes.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yyznomad
100% CHANGE THE BREAD OFFERINGS SYSTEM WIDE EXCEPT FOR THE PUMPKIN SEED BREAD. HELLO AC CAN YOU ACTUALLY WARM THE BREAD UP AND ACTUALLY HAVE SOFT BREAD THAT I CAN'T USE AS A NIGHT STICK?
I find this a tad unclear. Can you elaborate a bit further on what you think of AC's bread offerings?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Carry Sriracha hot sauce on all flights so those of us who like it spicy can douse the bland meals with it. at the moment i only get the chillu sauce on trans pacs.

otherwise ..
http://sriracha2go.com/
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: AC*SE, IHG Platinum, Hyatt, SPG, FlyingBlueS
I like the beef on AC, far better than SQ (regional) thus the value of 'Book the Cook' I would love a variety in the salad dressing (two/three options would be great). Adding menus to the IFE in Y rather than just stating it … sometimes the accompaniments are a determining factor in what I choose, not just the protein. I usually pass on dessert, but do love the cheese and crackers. Would love to see the return of Haagen Daz ice-cream
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
One thing that should go is the wraps in Y out of LHR. They are vile, plus I never trust processed food that has a best before date a year away. They have been fingered here as suspects in a few cases of food poisoning.

Programs: AC SE
Keep:
- Cookies and ice cream in domestic J
- Omelette
- Hot/cold snack on short haul flights (i.e. not the snack basket)
- Mac N Cheese in Y BOB

Change:
- Olive Oil Vinaigrette in J salads
- Some more interesting mains in J - the main course choices are generally pretty plain and don't really change much aside from some slight variation in the sauce: Chicken with red sauce, Beef with brown sauce, Salmon, Pasta. Would be nice to see more variety (e.g. lamb more often, curry or stir fry dishes). Beef short rib instead of the overcooked steak/tenderloin. There have been a couple of different chicken options (chicken tikka masala, green curry), but would be nice to see that sort of variety a bit more often.

Programs: Irrelevant
Better healthy food options.

Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:00 am
        Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
        Originally Posted by jaysona
          More choices in general for SPML's. The VOML was the same for me all of last year out of YYZ.*

*Maybe just my luck, but 1 data point nonetheless
          Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:00 am
          RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
          Fix the Tea !! I've never once had a hot tea that did not taste like burnt coffee!
          Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:24 am
          Formerly known as tireman77

100% Change the coffee. Its totally undrinkable.

Change the name of the beef from Tenderloin to Pot Roast. Its actually pretty good, but you can't call it steak when it tastes like braised beef. (That being said, braised beef short-ribs would be great, and easy to prepare/keep for in-flight meals).

Keep the omelet, but in a perfect world, get rid of turkey sausage for pork (yes, I know that will never happen, but a boy can dream).

On a related note, if they can do a bacon sandwich like on NZ (again, I know this will never happen on AC), they could put that on the breakfast, lunch, dinner, domestic, international long haul, brunch AND pre-arrival menus. I'd be a happy man!
          Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, AC
          Originally Posted by PLeblond
          100% Change the coffee. Its totally undrinkable.
          I've actually managed to drink it. But I marvel at what it is they can possibly do to make such an easy-to-prepare beverage taste so bad.

To the OP's question, replace the regular Miss Vickie's with the sweet chili and sour cream flavour and just completely get rid of everything else!
          Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:45 pm
          A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
          Originally Posted by After Burner
          I've actually managed to drink it. But I marvel at what it is they can possibly do to make such an easy-to-prepare beverage taste so bad.

To the OP's question, replace the regular Miss Vickie's with the sweet chili and sour cream flavour and just completely get rid of everything else!
          I actually really like the regular Miss Vickie's chips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.