Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested the original 2004 - 2014 thread on the topic may be found here.

That original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about other airline/hotel loyalty programs should be posted elsewhere on FT.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Forum Lounge Thread (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by adam.smith
Got through much quicker than the poor saps in the NEXUS line

Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
In case this is news, a few executives at UA got axed, including the CEO today for a "scandal". (let's call it that). The UA FT board is very happy.

And also, a BA plane had an "incident" during takeoff today.

Pretty news packed day!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

My mind just exploded.

A Microsoft demonstration at the Apple conference just now?? Hell just froze over...

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Someone hold me
Old Sep 9, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
My mind just exploded.

A Microsoft demonstration at the Apple conference just now?? Hell just froze over...

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Someone hold me
Hahahahaha I was thinking the same thing
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Well that didn't take long.....

I do like the iPad Pro...probably the thing that jazzed me up the most today.

"That was a term from a statement by Apple CEO Tim Cook back in 2012, when a Wall Street analyst asked him if Apple would ever do a hybrid.

He famously replied, You can merge a toaster and a refrigerator, but thats probably not going to be pleasing to anyone.

Apparently Cook was wrong.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...#ixzz3lGrHMxff
"
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Well that didn't take long.....

I do like the iPad Pro...probably the thing that jazzed me up the most today.

"That was a term from a statement by Apple CEO Tim Cook back in 2012, when a Wall Street analyst asked him if Apple would ever do a hybrid.

He famously replied, You can merge a toaster and a refrigerator, but thats probably not going to be pleasing to anyone.

Apparently Cook was wrong.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...#ixzz3lGrHMxff
"
The biggest difference between Microsoft and Apple is the former wants a one-size-fits-all OS while the latter insists on keeping PCs (OS X) and mobile devices (iOS) on separate operating systems.

I don't see how the iPad Pro is anything other than a more powerful mobile device that runs tablet-specific apps. It certainly seems architecturally different from a Microsoft tablet running a desktop OS.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim
The biggest difference between Microsoft and Apple is the former wants a one-size-fits-all OS while the latter insists on keeping PCs (OS X) and mobile devices (iOS) on separate operating systems.

I don't see how the iPad Pro is anything other than a more powerful mobile device that runs tablet-specific apps. It certainly seems architecturally different from a Microsoft tablet running a desktop OS.
That had never occurred to me. (that's how little I know about Apple devices). Maybe Apple will learn the hard way (Surface RT = complete and utter failure).
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
$1000 for a tablet that runs a small set of apps
$1000 for a tablet that runs all my desktop apps

TOUGH CHOICE (not)

Did I ever mention I'm a bit of a MS fanboy?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did I ever mention I'm a bit of a MS fanboy?
A tiny tiny bit? Like the space between the proton and the neutron of an atom?

PS They'll still sell them like hotcakes. Apple fanboys are....I should stop there. Lots of those on here
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

PS They'll still sell them like hotcakes. Apple fanboys are....I should stop there. Lots of those on here
I really liked the iPhone.

Until Android became better.

Six years ago.

I'm toyed with the idea of Windows again, but there just aren't enough mobile apps.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)

I'm not an Apple fanboy but yes please stop there

I own Apple, Windows and Android devices.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I
I'm toyed with the idea of Windows again, but there just aren't enough mobile apps.
So you mean Windows Phone? Or full Windows apps? Because there sure are a lot of that.

If you mean...Windows Phone? That should be fixed with Windows 10 Mobile when it is released. Porting over an app from Android should be relatively painless, and Universal Apps will means applications that run on Windows 10 will run on Windows 10 Mobile and Xbox.

At least that's what they say.

EDIT HOLY JEEZ. A friend just pointed out how much the new iPhones are!

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s

UHH, convert to Canadian $. $1300 for a phone???
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
EDIT HOLY JEEZ. A friend just pointed out how much the new iPhones are!

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s

UHH, convert to Canadian $. $1300 for a phone???
APPL, are a bunch of greedy {*%*}*}{|. I know because I own the stock and can understand why, but it pisses me off as a consumer.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanRulez
APPL, are a bunch of greedy {^~^}*}{|. I know because I own the stock and can understand why, but it pisses me off as a consumer.
I had no idea iPhones were that expensive prior to today.

So if I want a MacBook pro, it's $xxxx
If I want a tablet where I can do something useful, it's $xxxx
If I want a iPhone, it's $xxxx

Each one of these items is 4 digits.

What the heck? And these things sell?

I've suddenly figured out I am infinitely poor vs Apple users. Jeez us.

Investors were pissed off today at Apple though. Down and down it goes...

**full and fair disclosure, I hold no Apple stock**
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Did they increase the RAM in the latest iPad?

That is the most annoying thing about my iPad Air. Other than that, I'm ok with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.